We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Goldcar Milan Bergamo Scam

milan
Level Contributor
4 posts
25 reviews
Save Topic
Goldcar Milan Bergamo Scam

Just got scammed from Goldcar rental company in Milan Bergamo.

The car was handed over with various damages to the body. Even though most of them were indicated in the contract at checkout, they "invented" another scratch and charged me €325 from the deposit!

I now find out their tactics are common in Spain, but watch out because they now do the same at the MILAN BERGAMO branch. I am trying to get my money back through the consumer's right association, that is well aware of the numerous complaints against Goldcar. They charge very little for the rental and if you don't accept the expensive extra insurance at pickup, they invent damages to get back their money.

La Citta Alta
Historic Sites, Architectural Buildings
Basilica di Santa Maria Maggiore
Churches & Cathedrals, Historic Sites, Sacred & Religious Sites
Piazza Vecchia
Points of Interest & Landmarks
pittsburgh
Destination Expert
for Rome
Level Contributor
35,581 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Goldcar Milan Bergamo Scam

Did you inspect the car with a representative when you returned it? Did they sign off on your paperwork before you left? If not, they can list any damage to the car that wasn't already listed.

Donna

Bergamo, Italy
Destination Expert
for Bergamo, Elba Island
Level Contributor
11,262 posts
468 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Goldcar Milan Bergamo Scam

Sorry for your bad experience.

I'm afraid yours isn't the first complaint on this forum:

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g187830-i816-k7339…

Bye ☺

milan
Level Contributor
4 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Goldcar Milan Bergamo Scam

Yes of course, I did. The check out sheet contains various circles on the drawing of the car, including the front left side of the car. They ignore the drawing and say the damage was new. Money was taken out if credit card without any possibility to challenge it. Complete scam..

4. Re: Goldcar Milan Bergamo Scam

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 December 2015, 18:32
5. Re: Goldcar Milan Bergamo Scam

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 03 June 2016, 21:35
Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
Level Contributor
90,174 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Goldcar Milan Bergamo Scam

Petko:

Repeating the same message multiple times on multiple forums is regarded as spam, and it is likely that all your posts will be removed.

In any case, your posts are pointless. There are already many thousands of posts on TA warning about this rental company. You did not bother to look for them. A few more warnings will make no difference.

Edited: 14 February 2017, 09:34
pittsburgh
Destination Expert
for Rome
Level Contributor
35,581 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Goldcar Milan Bergamo Scam

They won't make a difference and his posts in particular make no sense. I don't know any rental company that will do a 5 day rental for 64 euros. I think he misread the information, including that of the fees for fines and is now coming to complain and spamming the forums with this non-sense.

A little research BEFORE your trip would have told you to avoid this company for many other reasons.

donna

8. Re: Goldcar Milan Bergamo Scam

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 February 2018, 05:17