We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Train from Bergamo to Varenna-Esino

West Cumbria
Level Contributor
32 posts
9 reviews
Train from Bergamo to Varenna-Esino

I see from the timetables I will need to change at Lecco , does anyone know after my initial validation of the train ticket in Bergamo Station do I need to revalidate at Lecco?

Thanks in advance

Torres Novas...
Level Contributor
3 posts
10 reviews
1. Re: Train from Bergamo to Varenna-Esino

Hi there! Try to look for that information in www.trenitalia ( i think thats how its called) its the national train company and they usually have all the information you need. I hope i helped on something .

Florence, Italy
Level Contributor
5,303 posts
1,027 reviews
2. Re: Train from Bergamo to Varenna-Esino

"Do I need to revalidate at Lecco?"

Not at all, as your validation allows you to travel within the following 4 hours (240 mns) after the printed time, it doesn't matter how many trains you catch .

Edited: 13 March 2017, 15:53
Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
4,134 posts
76 reviews
3. Re: Train from Bergamo to Varenna-Esino

If my memory is correct, we received a single ticket that said something like Varenna-Esino (Lecco) Bergamo and validated it at the beginning of the journey.

CA
Level Contributor
11,362 posts
3 reviews
4. Re: Train from Bergamo to Varenna-Esino

These are regional trains, no discounts with an on-line purchase. Tickets from a Trenitalia machine or ticket window you date stamp once using a validation box before boarding. By the way, from the Bergamo station to Alta, take the bus, which goes to the top end, not the funicular. Tickets from the tabacchi in the station.

West Cumbria
Level Contributor
32 posts
9 reviews
5. Re: Train from Bergamo to Varenna-Esino

Thank You so much

West Cumbria
Level Contributor
32 posts
9 reviews
6. Re: Train from Bergamo to Varenna-Esino

Thanks for that,very helpful, like to be aware before we travel for a smooth trip

dublin
Level Contributor
92 posts
94 reviews
7. Re: Train from Bergamo to Varenna-Esino

Always validate your tickets on any journey there. There are regular checks and each time I have seen someone get fined for not paying.

Turin
Level Contributor
9,509 posts
1 review
8. Re: Train from Bergamo to Varenna-Esino

Dave, If you hold one through ticket (from A to C with a transfer in B) and you date-stamp it more than once, you run the risk of being fined. By time-stamping you start the clock, if they see more than one stamping on the same ticket they may think you're trying to cheat.

Note that There is no need to time-stamp regional tickets purchased on-line: the 4 hours validity period starts from the departure of the booked train.

dublin
Level Contributor
92 posts
94 reviews
9. Re: Train from Bergamo to Varenna-Esino

Nice one, thank you. I was unaware of when using the trains in that way.

Delft, The...
1 post
10. Re: Train from Bergamo to Varenna-Esino

Hello,

I checked for tickets for the regional trains between the two stations and usually there are. But after 15 Dec there seems to be no service. I called up trenitalia only to be asked to check at the train station itself. It would be nice if someone can let us know if there is service during this period, meanwhile I am also trying to contact other sources to get some help. Thanks in advance !

Cheers,

Mani