We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ferry choices from La Spezia to Cinque Terre

Lee's Summit...
Level Contributor
4 posts
7 reviews
Ferry choices from La Spezia to Cinque Terre

I will be traveling to La Spezia in April 2018. Which ferry companies offer transportation from port to port at Cinque Terre? I'd like to spend a day just traveling from one to another port by hopping on a ferry. Any words of wisdom?

40 replies to this topic
Harrisburg...
Level Contributor
280 posts
1 review
1. Re: Ferry choices from La Spezia to Cinque Terre

There's only one company, Consorzio Marittimo Turistico. The choice is take the ferry from the dock in La Spezia to Portovenere and then to the four Cinque Terre villages which have ferry service (not Corniglia). Or take the train to Monterosso or Vernazza and take the ferry the other direction back to La Spezia. Either way the daily ticket allows you to get-on-get-off at will.

The current ferry company schedules are here: http://www.navigazionegolfodeipoeti.it/en

If you want schedule for other dates, look here for the previous season as the times don't change much from year to year: apathtolunch.com/2014/06/complete-cinque-ter…

Bellmore, New York
Level Contributor
1,026 posts
93 reviews
2. Re: Ferry choices from La Spezia to Cinque Terre

Ben....thanks for all the great help. We will be docking in La Spezia mid October along with 6000 other passengers off the Symphony. Not sure but there might be another ship in port as well. We wanted to spend time in Porto Venere and my thinking is that it might be risky getting on the 9:15 ferry. The next ferry is 11:15.........Thought was the safer bet was to take the bus to PV, spend a few hours, have lunch. The choice then would be to either catch a ferry to one of the five villages or head back and spend time in La Spezia......any thoughts or suggestions. Thanks

Auckland, New...
Level Contributor
48 posts
281 reviews
3. Re: Ferry choices from La Spezia to Cinque Terre

Martyap - we are also dockingin La Spezia on Symphony of Seas however we are there towards end of August, curious to know what you have decided is best? We are wanting to go CT trying to workout what our best options are? Thanks for any info.

Bellmore, New York
Level Contributor
1,026 posts
93 reviews
4. Re: Ferry choices from La Spezia to Cinque Terre

There are several choices......you could walk or take a taxi to the train station in LS and take the train to one or several of the CT villages.

Another is to walk to the left from the cruise terminal and take the ferry to Portovenere ( the train does not go to PV) and after spending time in PV you could hop another ferry to one of the CT villages and train back to LS.....or just take the ferry to CT.......views from the water are really beautiful

The ferry schedule is less frequent in October so I think we plan to take the public bus (stops a few blocks from the port) to PV and spend time there and have lunch in PV. PV may be less crowded than CT.......then we have a choice.....bus or ferry back to LS or ferry to a CT village. From what I have read Portovenere is really nice and less crowded. Taking the train from CT to CT to CT is less appealing to me.

Edited: 21 March 2018, 01:19
Auckland, New...
Level Contributor
48 posts
281 reviews
5. Re: Ferry choices from La Spezia to Cinque Terre

Thanks Martyap - thanks for your input. Fancy the ferry. Hope you have a truely wonderful holiday. 🙂👍🙂

Bellmore, New York
Level Contributor
1,026 posts
93 reviews
6. Re: Ferry choices from La Spezia to Cinque Terre

If for some reason you cannot take the ferry (schedule, crowded, weather) you can take the P11 bus to PV. Bus stop is close to port and the ride takes 25 minutes......buses come every 20 minutes. After spending time in PV you could then take one of several ferries from PV to several of the CT villages......the 2018 ferry schedule should be available soon. Have fun

Burleigh Heads...
Level Contributor
1 post
41 reviews
7. Re: Ferry choices from La Spezia to Cinque Terre

We were in la Spezia last year and found it to very much have a shut down period between about 2.30 till 5 so it would be a huge waste of time to be there then opposed to Cinque Terre which is great any time.

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
96 posts
61 reviews
8. Re: Ferry choices from La Spezia to Cinque Terre

Sorry - I think I am just being stupid here...!

We are also on Symphony (next week - woohoo!) and quite keen to take ferries from La Spezia up to see Cinque Terre.

The timetable I downloaded on the above link doesn’t have La Spezia on it - it starts at Portovenere? Can somebody explain to dummy here what you need to do from the cruise port to get the ferry to Cinque Terre please?!

Sorry - sure it’s simple and I’m just missing the point!

Thanks

Chris

La Spezia, Italy
Destination Expert
for La Spezia, Porto Venere, Lerici
Level Contributor
3,779 posts
42 reviews
9. Re: Ferry choices from La Spezia to Cinque Terre

come out of the cruise terminal and walk straight ahead on the quayside along Passeggiata Morin to the La Spezia ferry terminal

La Spezia, Italy
Destination Expert
for La Spezia, Porto Venere, Lerici
Level Contributor
3,779 posts
42 reviews
10. Re: Ferry choices from La Spezia to Cinque Terre

The times from La Spezia are there on the main page as are those from Lerici above the Portovenere to Levanto

schedules

navigazionegolfodeipoeti.it/en/…

Reply to: Ferry choices from La Spezia to Cinque Terre
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted