We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Taxi to Rapallo

stafford
Level Contributor
4 posts
15 reviews
Taxi to Rapallo

HI can anyone tell me how much a taxi from the airport will cost to Rapallo and did you just pick one up outside or Pre book it?

5 replies to this topic
Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
Level Contributor
97,630 posts
17 reviews
1. Re: Taxi to Rapallo

The distance is about 50 km, which normally I would expect to cost around €100. But there is severe traffic congestion in Genoa because of the motorway badge collapse, so the fare is likely to be more. No need to book in advance.

stafford
Level Contributor
4 posts
15 reviews
2. Re: Taxi to Rapallo

Thank youI am now working outbox much time to leave to get to the airport on the return journey as I think I will book a taxi

Toronto
Level Contributor
14 posts
211 reviews
3. Re: Taxi to Rapallo

Just spent three weeks in Rapallo and did get there and back to the airport by taxi. 100€ each way. It was prebooked. I checked other taxi companies and they were asking between 120 and 130€.

Imperia, Italy
Destination Expert
for Italian Riviera
Level Contributor
32,874 posts
4. Re: Taxi to Rapallo

If you didn't want to spend on taxis, there is a free bus from the airport to Genova Sestri Ponente Aeroporto train station and the typical train fare is €4.20 each way. http://www.trenitalia.com/tcom-en

There is also a free bus to Genova Piazza Principe train station from where there are more expensive, faster trains. But that bus, like your taxis, will take you through more traffic jams arising from the bridge collapse.

Cardiff, United...
Level Contributor
48 posts
18 reviews
5. Re: Taxi to Rapallo

Hello try this first if costs are a concern: most airports have a shuttle bus into the city or public transport. I would guess that there is a stop right outside the main train station. We just called into Genoa off a cruise ship and wanted to visit Portofino - so instead of paying silly cruise ship prices we walked out of the port straight into the train station 29 euro returns (2 of us) to St. Margharita (Rapallo is slightly further on - may be next stop - but gives you an idea of cost). We then jumped on a local bus (directly outside) to Portofino 12 euro (2 of us).

Guessing you might want to visit Portofino by boat from Rapallo?

Reply to: Taxi to Rapallo
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted