We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Getting to Genoa Cruise Terminal

singapore
Level Contributor
732 posts
15 reviews
Save Topic
Getting to Genoa Cruise Terminal

Hi

We will be taking the train from La Spezia Centrale to Genoa Cruise Port. Although Genova Piazza Principe is the closest train station to the Cruise Port, I read that there is no metro or bus from the station to the cruise port.

If we alight at Genoa Brignole Train Station, is this station conveniently linked to the Brignole Metro Station, so that we can take the metro to the cruise port. If so, which metro stop should I alight for the cruise port.

Thanks all for any information and advice.

Sandy

2 replies to this topic
Imperia, Italy
Destination Expert
for Italian Riviera
Level Contributor
30,221 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Getting to Genoa Cruise Terminal

The nearest Metro station from Genova Brignole station is the Genova Principe station, the entrance to which is situated in the south wall of Genova Piazza Principe train station. While this entrance is two or three minutes walk nearer to the cruise terminal than the main entrance of the train station, I do not think this really compensates for the slower overall journey time and the hassle of transferring onto the Matro at Brignole.

Either walk, mainly downhill, from Piazza Principe train station in around ten minutes with luggage, or take a short taxi ride, taxis normally being readily available immediately outside the station.

singapore
Level Contributor
732 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Getting to Genoa Cruise Terminal

Hello Perilizia

Thank you for the detailed information.

Sandy

Reply to: Getting to Genoa Cruise Terminal
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted