We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Help! Advice needed on Italy trip!

Brisbane, Australia
1 post
Save Topic
Help! Advice needed on Italy trip!

My husband and I travelling to Italy for part of our honeymoon and would like some advice on our trip! We are flying into Milan for a night and were then planning to head to Garda for 2 nights and then on to Camogli for one night and the Genoa for 2 nights and then to Florence for 3 nights. Is Camogli worth a visit? Is Como better than Garda? Are we missing anyway spectacular for a visit? Any advice would be greatly appreciated! We are also travelling by train! Thanks!

Genoa, Italy
Level Contributor
5,523 posts
710 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Help! Advice needed on Italy trip!

Camogli is a fabulous town with the castle perched on a rock and beautiful colored houses. From Camogli you can reach by boat Abbazia of San Fruttuoso and Portofino two enchanting places.

There are many thing to do in Genoa too. Give a look here:

Vilnius, Lithuania
Destination Expert
for Lithuania, Vilnius
Level Contributor
2,850 posts
229 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Help! Advice needed on Italy trip!

i've been to lakes Maggiore, Garda and Como. From all i liked Como most (with beautiful towns Varenna, Bellagio, Menaggio). For me Garda's northern part (Malcesine) is more beautiful than south.

Lake Como seems more convenient for traveling towards Genoa afterwards.

Forestville, CA
Level Contributor
11,519 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Help! Advice needed on Italy trip!

1 night somewhere = 1/2 day and a big headache

2 nights = 1 day and rushing everywhere

3 nights = 2 days and starting to relax

4 nights = 3 days and getting happy

5 nights somewhere = 4 days and becoming a regular at the local cafe

Edited: 13 February 2017, 17:41
Imperia, Italy
Destination Expert
for Italian Riviera
Level Contributor
30,983 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Help! Advice needed on Italy trip!

For boats from beautiful Camogli see http://www.golfoparadiso.it/en/

Level Contributor
3,738 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Help! Advice needed on Italy trip!

I would choose either the lakes or the riviera, trying to do both gives both short shrift. congrats and enjoy!

La Spezia, Italy
Destination Expert
for La Spezia, Porto Venere, Lerici
Level Contributor
3,456 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Help! Advice needed on Italy trip!

You could stay in Camogli for 3 nights and take the short train journey in to Genova for a day trip rather than staing in two different places that are very close to each other

Level Contributor
226 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Help! Advice needed on Italy trip!

Camogli most certainly is worth a wee trek & look. Not more than a morning but it's a pretty pile by the sea. It's the colours that make it; that inimitable Italian ochre thang which is so easy to warm to. Aside from the setting there isn't much to do beyond 'chillaxing' as the yoof of today would have it. Como & Garda are much of a muchness; if I had to plump on pain of being whacked on the bahookey by George Clooney's clenched fist I would go for Como but it's a close call. All the Italian lakes are gorgoeus simply because well, it's Italy. In my experience I have encountered very few less than pleasant parts of Italy & none of these are lakes.

8. Re: Help! Advice needed on Italy trip!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 February 2018, 07:18
Follow this conversation!
Get notified when a new reply comes in.
Follow now