We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Walk Day

Katowice, Poland
Level Contributor
209 posts
Walk Day

Hello

I am planning to visit Cinque Terre for a day in the middle of October.

Could you please let me know if it is possible to walk via all villages ? I mean are they connected, as I found out that Via dell Amore is closed.

I am aware that there is a train however I enjoy walking

Thank you

5 replies to this topic
1. Re: Walk Day

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guideline limiting each user to a single forums screen name.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 October 2018, 17:25

BC, Canada
Level Contributor
106 posts
322 reviews
2. Re: Walk Day

The most inaccurate and misunderstood statement I hear is "the trails are closed".

All (with tiny periodic exceptions) of the upper trails are open, uncongested, free, and beautiful. Use them.

3. Re: Walk Day

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guideline limiting each user to a single forums screen name.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 October 2018, 17:25

Mumbai, India
Level Contributor
653 posts
487 reviews
4. Re: Walk Day

The CT official site hosts a page where you can check on status of trails:

parconazionale5terre.it/Esentieri-outdoor.php

Level Contributor
6 posts
9 reviews
5. Re: Walk Day

The blue trail from Monterrosso to Vernazza is about a 2 hour hike with the most incredible views. It is a little challenging, but nothing too difficult for someone in good shape. We did it in August so it was quite hot and very crowded. October should be a much better time to do the hike. You can also take the train from one town to the next and walk around each town, although except for Monteorrosso, the other 4 are pretty much the same thing.

Reply to: Walk Day
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Cinque Terre