We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Boat Trips in Cinque Terre

Farnborough...
Level Contributor
22 posts
11 reviews
Boat Trips in Cinque Terre

Hello,

We are coming to the Cinque Terre next week and wondered whether it is worth booking boat trips in advance or are there plenty to choose from at spur of the moment? Unsure whether to secure a tour but have to stick to a specific itinerary, or whether it will be easy enough to just pick one up as and when it suits us. Any advice welcome!

9 replies to this topic
Harrisburg...
Level Contributor
281 posts
1 review
1. Re: Boat Trips in Cinque Terre

There's only one ferry company and no advance sales. No tour needed for the Cinque Terre, just buy Rick Steve's Pocket Guide Book.

Farnborough...
Level Contributor
22 posts
11 reviews
2. Re: Boat Trips in Cinque Terre

I have seen lots of companies offering private boat trips around the Cinque Terre rather than just the ferries so they are definitely there, but just want to know whether it's easy to book last-minute?

Harrisburg...
Level Contributor
281 posts
1 review
3. Re: Boat Trips in Cinque Terre

Depends on when you are going, which town, and which tour.

BC, Canada
Level Contributor
106 posts
322 reviews
4. Re: Boat Trips in Cinque Terre

Just do it at the time you are here. It is less busy now, in general.

Boston...
Level Contributor
44 posts
37 reviews
5. Re: Boat Trips in Cinque Terre

If you decide on a private tour, I can recommend Stefano, the owner/captain of Navigazione Matilde. Our family of four enjoyed a 3 hour trip with him from Monterosso. Not cheap (300 euros, cash only), but includes wine and foccacia. I booked in advance via website / email, about a week ahead. This was for first week of August (busy). Enjoy!

Cinque Terre, Italy
Destination Expert
for Cinque Terre, Monterosso al Mare, Italian Riviera
Level Contributor
1,897 posts
89 reviews
6. Re: Boat Trips in Cinque Terre

If it's a weekend, you should book in advance, don't wait til you are here. Though it's less busy now in general, the majority of tourists now are American, Australian, Canadian (the Italians and other europeans have gone home), and they are more apt to book a tour like this - I know most of my friends with boats that do tours are saying September for them is the busiest month of the year. Also check out (aside from Stefano, who is also great) Diego and Cinque Terre Fish and Chill.

1 post
7. Re: Boat Trips in Cinque Terre

I believe their is Angelo’s boat tour as well.

Monterey Bay...
Level Contributor
1,141 posts
60 reviews
8. Re: Boat Trips in Cinque Terre

I’d book in advance! We had booked with a boat months and months in advance as I knew it was going to be busy in August.

Our boat canceled on us in the morning as we were preparing to go. Huge disappointment as this was going to be a highlight.

We husssled down to Monterossa to see if we could get another boat for another day and thankfully Stephano had 1 opening for the next day. I’d highly recommend him. Great guy and he saved our Cinque Terra trip!

Level Contributor
6 posts
9 reviews
9. Re: Boat Trips in Cinque Terre

Without a doubt Dario's boat tour is a must from Manorola. It was the best day of our lives. Dario responded immediately taking us to 5 towns, waterfalls and unique swimming spots. I have never seen such beautiful clear water. We enjoyed wine. It was a magical experience not to be missed. Don't bother with packed ferries. You've travelled to the other side of the world- experience the best. Rayo Verde Tour

Reply to: Boat Trips in Cinque Terre
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Cinque Terre