We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Italy in Early September

California
Level Contributor
1,464 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Italy in Early September

Hello. I posted a similar question in the Cinque Terre forum, but I wanted to expand on it for Italy in general. We’re planning a 15-16 day trip to Italy in September. We are either going to fly into Milan and see Cinque terra, then Florence/Tuscany, Venice and fly out of Rome, or reverse the trip and fly into Rome then travel to Venice, Florence/Tuscany, Cinque terre, and leave from Milan. . We may have to plan a trip for the very first two weeks of September due to my job and I know it is more likely to be very hot and crowded then, if that is the case and we had to pick which direction to do this trip taking into consideration the greater chance of high heat and high crowds that first week of September, would you pick doing the first week in Rome and Venice, or in Cinque terre and Florence/Tuscany? I’m assuming of course that it may be a bit harder that first week and the second week. I guess I’m trying to pick which cities would be the most tolerable and least inconvenient for the heat in crowds.

Mentioned in this post
Cinque Terre
Cinque Terre
Italian Riviera, Italy
Italy
Italy
Europe
Milan
Milan
Lombardy, Italy
Venice
Venice