We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

2 days one night in Cinque Terre Question about itinerary

3 posts
2 days one night in Cinque Terre Question about itinerary

Hi all,

My girlfriend and I are heading to CT from Venice (arriving in CT around 1pm) and staying in Manarola for a night before heading to Florence later the next day.

We are big into hiking and definitely want to hike to all 5 villages. My question is how to do the hikes - should we try to do Monterosso to Riomaggiore in one day or perhaps divide the hiking into 2 days and go south of Manarola one day and north the other. Any tips or thoughts on the best way to organize this are much appreciated!

We are also planning on renting SUPs and heading out on the water for a few hours. Does anyone have any recommendations for where rent SUPs?

Thanks all!

9 replies to this topic
Les Cedres, Canada
1 post
1 review
1. Re: 2 days one night in Cinque Terre Question about itinerary

Hi! I just red your post! My husband and I are pplanning about the same in next october. Does anyone replied to your post with suggestions and tips?

Boston...
Level Contributor
85 posts
70 reviews
2. Re: 2 days one night in Cinque Terre Question about itinerary

We did Monterosso to Vernazza and back in one day in May - if you are just there overnight and only two days there you some of the trails closed between the towns. you can always do this one way hike - Monterosso to Vernazza then Vernazza to Corniglia).. Should take about six hours.. Then I'm not sure about getting in Manarola and Riomaggiore..

Another day we trained to Riomaggiore and hiked to the chapel/sanctuary in town, hiked back, then trained to Corniglia and hiked to Vernazza.

One night is NOT enough to spend in this beautiful part of the world!!

Lots of options but look at the CT website to see what is open.. http://www.parconazionale5terre.it

Enjoy!!

Denver, Colorado
Level Contributor
3 posts
18 reviews
3. Re: 2 days one night in Cinque Terre Question about itinerary

I was just there a couple weeks ago and several parts of the trail were closed (Rio to Man was closed and Corn to Ver). I hiked Monterosso to Vernazza in about 2+ hours and trained to other towns. You can hike from end to end on the upper trails but i wanted to be closer to the water. It is very easy to get from town to town on the train and you can visit all in one day if you must. I wouldn't stress too much about an itinerary and just move from town to town, stay as long as you want and wonder then move on.

BC, Canada
Level Contributor
115 posts
322 reviews
4. Re: 2 days one night in Cinque Terre Question about itinerary

My advice is do not do the lower trails. Venture out on some interesting upper ones.....they won’t be closed unless there is some extraneous event (weather, slide etc), they are much less used, and way more interesting. No traffic jams!!

You do not need to pay for using those trails and, if you are used to hiking, go up and down between adjacent villages and on to the next one. Tough? Yes. But isn’t that the point of hiking? Otherwise, it is just a pretty walk in the park. :)

We hike every morning and go to the beach in the mid afternoon. A wonderful way to spend time there....for us.

St. Paul, MN, US
Level Contributor
1,766 posts
136 reviews
5. Re: 2 days one night in Cinque Terre Question about itinerary

We hiked from Monterosso to Corniglia via Vernazza via the beautiful, lower route. The hike from Mont to Vernazza was less than 2 hours. We stopped to rest (eat gelato) and hiked another 1+ hour to Corniglia. It was a beautiful hike!

6. Re: 2 days one night in Cinque Terre Question about itinerary

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 August 2018, 14:31

Vancouver, Canada
1 post
7. Re: 2 days one night in Cinque Terre Question about itinerary

Hello

We are going to be there on Aug 18. The weather forecast had thunderstorms. I have read some posts that say that the weather changes rapidly in that area and it may turn out to be a wonderful day. So we plan on hiking the upper trails from Monterosso to Riomagiorre. How long will that take? Will it be muddy? Also is there a tourist info in Vernazza where we can pick up current info and free maps of the trail so we don't get lost?

thanks in advance

Israel
Level Contributor
185 posts
209 reviews
8. Re: 2 days one night in Cinque Terre Question about itinerary

If you google "Time4Travel4Less", you will be able to access my travel blog that provides some hikes in Cinque Terre. Our favorite was Levanto to Monterroso... The higher trails are far more beautiful (and difficult) than the lower trails...It isn't that difficult though...

Perth
Level Contributor
68 posts
24 reviews
9. Re: 2 days one night in Cinque Terre Question about itinerary

We also hiked from Monterosso to Vernazza and then onto Corniglia after a swim to cool off. The first part took about 1 hour and 40 minutes and the next leg about 1 hour 20. We didn't do the higher ones as the heat ws just getting to us! The views were stunning and we didn't encounter traffic jams. This was the beginning of this month.

Reply to: 2 days one night in Cinque Terre Question about itinerary
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Cinque Terre
Recent Conversations