We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Parma food tours

Which Parma hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
1 post
Save Topic
Parma food tours

I am traveling on my own & without a car and would like to do a tour of the Parmesan cheese & balsamic vinegar factories.

Is there anyway to get there by public transport or join a group tour?

Saint Marys, Ohio
Level Contributor
8,017 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Parma food tours

We took the train to Modena from Bologna and then took a taxi to Acetaia di Giorgio. We arranged the visit by email. acetaiadigiorgio.it/eng/acetaia_di_giorgio/a…

Small, family run acetaia that has been making traditional balsamic for over a hundred years. They sell 12+ and 25+ year old balsamic. You see how it's made and taste it also. The hosts were extremely warm and friendly.

2. Re: Parma food tours

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines with regards to the participation of business representatives.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 July 2011, 11:56
Edited: 03 July 2011, 11:56
3. Re: Parma food tours

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines with regards to the participation of business representatives.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 July 2011, 11:56
Here & There
Destination Expert
for Sicily, Taormina
Level Contributor
94,373 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Parma food tours

And so could…

Click on "Tours":

tripadvisor.com/Attractions-g187804-Activiti…

…parma.it/tportalparma/…

Vagabonda

Edited: 03 July 2011, 03:19
New Zealand
Level Contributor
226 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Parma food tours

Hi Kristylee99,

Last year I did a tour with Italian Days www.italiandays.it

It was a great day out with every thing I was looking for.

Parmesan cheese, Balsamic vinegar, Param ham and lunch at a great agraturisom (spelling?).

It was a great day out and Alessandro is a great guide who has a great depth of knowledge about the places you visit and the products produced there.

Hope this helps

Mitch

Edited: 03 July 2011, 04:32
6. Re: Parma food tours

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guideline limiting each user to a single forums screen name.

Removed on: 05 July 2011, 04:33
Buffalo
Level Contributor
23 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Parma food tours

Hi. Were you able to find any tour in Parma that do not require renting a car? I will be spending a day in Parma in November (basing myself in Padova) and plan to take a train to Parma for a day. I'd be happy with a walking tour of the town itself but cannot seem to find anything. Thanks. Donna

Raleigh, North...
Level Contributor
5 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Parma food tours

Hi, I am going to be in Italy solo in April and would love to know if you found any tours.

Here & There
Destination Expert
for Sicily, Taormina
Level Contributor
94,373 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Parma food tours

There are many food tours - tripadvisor.co.uk/Attractions-g187804-Activi…

Vagabonda

Buffalo
Level Contributor
23 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Parma food tours

Hi. I ended up booking and going on this food tour- http://www.italiandays.it/. It was a great tour- they picked me up at the train station in Bologna (I took a train in from Padua) and then drove to Modena where the tour began. This is from their website:

" Our main objective is to meet all of our Foodie-customers' needs and make their "Italian Days" visits unforgettable including:

reservations for Parmigiano Reggiano cheese factory, Balsamic vinegar of Modena, Modena Ham, typical local trattorie, car rental service, with or without driver, Food Festival experiences, all accurately selected by Italian Days staff.

Typical Products

Parmigiano Reggiano

Parmigiano Reggiano is the King of Italian cheese with a long history and famous today worldwide. Parmigiano Reggiano is a true product of the land and of the traditions of the people who produce it with passion and love. Those who like good food and fine flavor, those who appreciate the importance of heritage and those who have a true respect for nature and origin will really enjoy this cheese.

Aceto Balsamico

“Acetaia” In this location the modena’s family aging the famous “Aceto Balsamico Tradizionale di Modena” (Balsamic Vinegar, the real black gold minimum 12 years old).

Modena Ham D.O.P

Family Factory that for over 3 generations has been committed to the production of the famous “Prosciutto di Modena D.O.P.”, a product which is unique for its natural sweetness.

After tours of all three places we went to what has to have been one of the best meals I have had in my 18 trips to Italy at a farmhouse in Bologna.

I highly recommend this tour. You also have the opportunity to purchase items at each co-op for a fraction of what it would cost here in the states. Only problem is the US does not allow meats so I only brought back the Balsamic and cheese.

Edited: 28 January 2013, 17:40
Get answers to your questions about Parma
Recent Conversations