We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Visiting the Monumental Cemetery

Hagerstown, Maryland
Level Contributor
6,157 posts
24 reviews
Save Topic
Visiting the Monumental Cemetery

Hello,

I will be in Bologna soon for a few days and want to visit the Cimitero Monumentale della Certosa. It appears to be outside the city center, and just a bit too far for walking.

If I understood the website correctly, I can take buses 36 and 19 to reach it. Is that correct? If so, can I catch these buses at or near Bologna Centrale? My B&B is near there.

Florence, Italy
Level Contributor
5,143 posts
1,005 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Visiting the Monumental Cemetery

Of the two buses that you've mentioned, the no. 36 goes from the station. Search for "Naldi" bound.

See the diagram of the stops below:

tper.it/content/linea-36-centro-sportivo-bar…

The stop you need for the "Certosa" should be "Velodromo" or so (ask the bus driver).

Brun066

Hagerstown, Maryland
Level Contributor
6,157 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Visiting the Monumental Cemetery

Grazie Brun066!

Florence, Italy
Level Contributor
5,143 posts
1,005 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Visiting the Monumental Cemetery

You are welcome!

Bologna
Level Contributor
172 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Visiting the Monumental Cemetery

The main entrance of the cemetery is in v.le Gandhi, but the monumental part of the Certosa has its own entrance in via della Certosa (on the south eastern corner).

The nearest bus stops are "Magnani" or "Stadio" on the line n.21 (which also stops in front of the train station).

Hagerstown, Maryland
Level Contributor
6,157 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Visiting the Monumental Cemetery

Thank you EDinBo. I assume that is where the most interesting and historic tombs will be. The cemetery appears to be huge, so that is good to know!

6. Re: Visiting the Monumental Cemetery

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 March 2015, 06:19