We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

To and from the airport

Derby, United...
Level Contributor
16 posts
46 reviews
Save Topic
To and from the airport

Hi I am travelling to Bologna with my partner from 18th March - 21st March. I have managed to find out how to get a bus from the airport to the railway station (using the BLQ) but just wondering what is the best way to get back to the airport. Our flight on the 21st is at 10.00am so will need to get to the airport for 8:00-8:30ish. Can you just get the BLQ back from the railway station?

Also we are staying at the Alloro Suite Hotel, would be easier to get a taxi on the way back? (would it be cheaper)

Any information would be greatly appreciated :)

Mentioned in this post
Bologna
Bologna
Province of Bologna, Italy
Savhotel
Savhotel
#3 of 102 hotels in Bologna
Aemilia Hotel
Aemilia Hotel
#4 of 102 hotels in Bologna
Il Canale Hotel
Il Canale Hotel
#5 of 102 hotels in Bologna
Brussels, Belgium
Level Contributor
36,882 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: To and from the airport

Yes of course you can get the Aerobus back from the station. Here is the map of its route, which after looking at your hotel's location appears to indicate that the station would be the most convenient place to catch it (the next stop where you could get on being Ospedale Maggiore). This also tells you the cost (€6 per person) tper.it/content/linea-blq-aeroporto-stazione… and provides link to timetable (tper.it/sites/…tper_Bo040_1.pdf). There are buses from 05:00 hrs (from the station); the 07:45, for example, should get you there for 08:08.

I don't see how a taxi could be cheaper than the bus, unless perhaps there are 3 or 4 of you, but of course it would be more convenient with luggage. You could ask your hotel how much it would cost, my guess would be something like €16-18.

Mentioned in this post
Hotel Maggiore
Hotel Maggiore
711 Reviews
Bologna, Italy
Bologna
Level Contributor
171 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: To and from the airport

Just DON'T take a taxi to the station AND the aerobus from there to the airport, that would be the most expensive option.

Your choices are city bus to station+aerobus (€1.20+€6 each) or a taxi from your hotel to the airport (+/-€18)

Derby, United...
Level Contributor
16 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: To and from the airport

Thanks for the information, will stick to the aerobus just wanted to make sure I knew where to get it back from!

Thanks for the links, cannot wait to go now!!!

4. Re: To and from the airport

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 March 2015, 05:19