We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Balsamic Tasting

Boston...
Level Contributor
22 posts
19 reviews
Save Topic
Balsamic Tasting

I'm going to be in Bologna for 2 full days in April. One day we will be touring all around the city, and the other day I want to visit a vineyard or a vinegar house. We will not have a car. Does anyone know how to do either of these things inexpensively? We do not want to pay too much for a tour/tasting, and we will need to get there by public transportation.

Thanks!

Brussels, Belgium
Level Contributor
37,135 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Balsamic Tasting

http://www.parmagolosa.it/?page_id=12 - you can easily get from Bologna to Modena (21-31 mins) or Parma (50mins - 1h11) by train.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
25,951 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Balsamic Tasting

I find Parmagolosa the most impenetrable of websites. I can find no dates or prices for tours. When I looked a few years ago they were very expensive and used your own car. They just came along as a guide. I don't know if they still do that. They need a serious redesign and also to keep their website current rather than referring to things in 2011.

Rant over!

QQ2
New York City, New...
Level Contributor
9,381 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Balsamic Tasting

…modena.it/english/thematic-channels/discove…

If I were you, I would probably focus my research on Modena, as that is the city I associate with balsamic vinegar. I did a quick search and found the Modena tourism site, where there is a page dedicated to balsamic vinegar that includes some suggested visits.

Italy
Level Contributor
6,203 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Balsamic Tasting

Give a look here www.consorziobalsamico.it/index.php?lang=en this is the official page of the balsamic producers

Saint Marys, Ohio
Level Contributor
8,916 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Balsamic Tasting

Take a look at our blog page from our 2009 trip when we took a daytrip to Modena to see how traditional balsamic vinegar is made and also taste it. The Acetaia di Giorio/s link to their webpage is just to the right of the daytrip narrative. We took a taxi from the train station to their place.

fuzzytravel.com/jerryott/12347-day-daytrip.h…

NJ
Level Contributor
609 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Balsamic Tasting

Where was the cheese factory tour? Can you share the name. We are looking on doing the tours on our own and not through a tour company. Thank you

Saint Marys, Ohio
Level Contributor
8,916 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Balsamic Tasting

Yes, we took a dairy tour and watched them make Parmigiano Reggiano. We booked through the Sezione di Parma, but I'm not sure they're still doing tours. The email we booked through was sezionepr@parmigiano-reggiano.it It was a very nice tour watching all stages of production, brining, aging, and finally we got to taste!!!! We took the train to Parma and a taxi to the farm.

Italy
Level Contributor
6,203 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Balsamic Tasting

Parmigiano Reggiano factory tours parmigianoreggiano.com/where/guided_tours_da…

9. Re: Balsamic Tasting

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 February 2015, 07:17