We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bologna airport to train station

scarsdale, ny
Level Contributor
60 posts
30 reviews
Bologna airport to train station

My family and I are flying into Bologna at 10 am . We want to take a train to Venice. I was going to make a reservation on Eurostar. What time do you think we should allow to get through customs and get to the train station? We are anxious to get to Venice, or I would stay over in Bologna. Should we take a taxi or bus to the train station? Any suggestions would be appreciated! Thanks!

Madison, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
676 posts
64 reviews
1. Re: Bologna airport to train station

There is a bus that goes directly from the airport to the train station...with a few stops. I think it cost less than 10 euros. If I remember, it takes about 30-40 minutes to get to the train station. I would give yourself at least 3 hours from landing to the train just so you don't have to rush. We ended up taking a regular train (not Eurostar) on our way to Venice and it was just fine. No air conditioning or no reserved seats....good thing we left early in the morning.

Bologna is totally different from Venice. I would stay at least one night to experience that.

scarsdale, ny
Level Contributor
60 posts
30 reviews
2. Re: Bologna airport to train station

Thank you for the information! We will think about staying a bit in Bologna since we'll be there. I just hope that we won't be too jet lagged and travelling with kids can get crazy! Thanks for the suggestion!

3. Re: Bologna airport to train station

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 August 2009, 22:16