We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Emila-Romagna 3 Nights Ending in Bologna

Tampa, FL
5 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Emila-Romagna 3 Nights Ending in Bologna

Hello! I am planning my honeymoon in Italy in May and am in need of help with the last few days We will be in Italy for 2 weeks- mostly in Umbria, 3 nights in Positano, 3 nights in Rome and I have 3 open days/nights before we fly home from Bologna. Can anyone recommend an itinerary or some must see places around Bologna? And any hotel recommendations would be great too! Thanks!

Montelparo, Italy
Level Contributor
2,458 posts
417 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Emila-Romagna 3 Nights Ending in Bologna

Hi Kelly, we strongly recommend Ravenna and Ferrara which are reachable by train as well. If you are going to drive there are many little towns on the apennines which deserve a visit and the only risk would be eating TOO MUCH.

Take a look to the regional web;

www.emiliaromagnaturismo.it

Vignola, Italy
Level Contributor
3,022 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Emila-Romagna 3 Nights Ending in Bologna

Hi,

yes, around Bologna there are a lot of things to do and see. It depend what are you looking for. End of May could be a good period event to go to the seaside, like in Riccione or Rimini. The sea isn't the better one you can find in Italy, but the nightlife is probably the better one.

I live in Vignola, 30Km far from Bologna reachable by train, and for us the end of May mean the beginning of cherries season. The Vignola's cherries are probably the better in Italy. And we have a wonderful castle. In Emilia generally there are even a lot of street markets and other events and feasts. On the website recommended by Aussies11 look in the "events" page.

Of course there are several historical places in Bologna and in the cities around (Ferrara, Ravenna, Modena, Parma... all easily reachable by train), so you only need to choose what you want to do.

Or a tour of main car producers (Ferraro, Lamborghini, Maserati....) could interest to you future husband?

Tell us what you like more.

Bye

Portland, OR
Destination Expert
for Positano
Level Contributor
6,416 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Emila-Romagna 3 Nights Ending in Bologna

We spent 3 nights in Parma and loved it. We stayed at the Hotel Della Rosa Prati with a view of the Basilica. Lots of good food and interesting sights. Lively town with great restaurants. I would go back again in a heartbeat.

Here & There
Destination Expert
for Sicily, Taormina
Level Contributor
100,789 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Emila-Romagna 3 Nights Ending in Bologna

Parma (and Hotel Della Rosa Prati) is a joy!

Parma and Bolgna - A question:

tripadvisor.com/…11804898

Vagabonda

Montelparo, Italy
Level Contributor
2,458 posts
417 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Emila-Romagna 3 Nights Ending in Bologna

If you decide for Parma, it might interest you a day package with overnight including a visit to a cheese maker (parmigiano), a tasting of typical products downtown, a Vip Card for Fidenza outlet , info and advises for an itinerary on the Stendhal past.

www.parmaincoming.it

Here & There
Destination Expert
for Sicily, Taormina
Level Contributor
100,789 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Emila-Romagna 3 Nights Ending in Bologna

You might enjoy this article...

Stendhal in Parma, Italy:

…nytimes.com/2009/…

Vagabonda

tallin
2 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Emila-Romagna 3 Nights Ending in Bologna

Can anyone help with a trip to Cap d'Agde. want to do their thing. disabled. who can help.? dianettasia@mail.ru. Nikolai

UK
Level Contributor
2,871 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Emila-Romagna 3 Nights Ending in Bologna

Wrong forum - Cap d'Agde is in the Languedoc-Roussillon region of France. I'd suggest you re-post your question there.

Orléans, Centre...
1 post
Save Reply
9. Re: Emila-Romagna 3 Nights Ending in Bologna

I just noticed you live near by. Im trying to get to a hotel in Mordano, is it accessible by train?

Montelparo, Italy
Level Contributor
2,458 posts
417 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Emila-Romagna 3 Nights Ending in Bologna

Imola and Castel Bolognese are the nearest train stations at approx 7 km distance. Bus service from Imola.

If you would like to visit the Cervia salt pans in the Po delta park joining a guided tour on eletric boat, write to the organizers at :

salinadicervia@atlantide.it

In May visits are scheduled saturdays and sundays.