We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Train station Ost. Vs Tib.

Which Rome hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Japaratinga, AL
Level Contributor
160 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Train station Ost. Vs Tib.

Since the Strike may effect on 9 Jun while I have booked the ticket of Trenitalia from Roma Termini to Firenze SMN in the morning on the day. I plan to buy another ticket from Italo. I found that there are two stations - Ost and Tib. I will be living near station Marzoni and I found the time of train in the morning is better from Tib and it seems less metro stops from Marzoni. May anyone answer my following questions:

1. Shall I choose the train goes from Tib.?

2. I must buy the Lost Cost price if there is stock. Is it true if I could not book the seat near the disable seat, I must put my luggage at the luggage case near exit? I may have a 14 inches (46 x 66 x 29cm) case. Is there any space near my seat to hide it? Since I am really worried about leaving it at the public luggage case.

Passo Corese, Italy
Level Contributor
1,509 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Train station Ost. Vs Tib.

That's a tough call - both stations are well served by the "B" line of the metro. You'll have to take the "A" line (at "Manzoni") towards "Anagnina" and get off at "Termini" - where you can change to the "B" line. Then, you have two options:

- Take the train towards "Rebibbia" and then get off at Tiburtina station, or

- Take the train towards "Laurentina" and get off at "Piramide", where the Ostiense station is located.

Personally, I'd prefer Ostiense simply because it is quicker to get there. However, if you find that the train schedule at Tiburtina is much more convenient - go there. I honestly can't answer to the second question... good luck with that one!

Edited: 26 May 2013, 09:30
Turin
Level Contributor
4,645 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Train station Ost. Vs Tib.

2) There are no intermediate stops between Rome and Florence, and the train runs at 250 kms per hour. What are you exactly "really worried" about putting your luggage in the public case?

Anyway, are you sure that your trenitalia train isn't one of those guaranteed trains that are not effected by strikes?

Passo Corese, Italy
Level Contributor
1,509 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Train station Ost. Vs Tib.

To Lee: when boarding the train at the B line to Tiburtina station, make sure that is the one towards "Rebibbia"; there's another train that uses the same tracks but goes to "Conca d'Oro", instead, which is located on a new branch of that metro line.

Edited: 26 May 2013, 09:36
Japaratinga, AL
Level Contributor
160 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Train station Ost. Vs Tib.

Quirite,

Thanks.

And I firstly hear that there is another line on track Metro B.

NapOrsoCapo71,

I wonder there will be several stops between this route. Yes I found my train is not on its guarantee list but I am just planning the emergency plan. I will ask the Trenitalia before to ensure my train. But I am not sure if I could refund my ticket due to the strike.

5. Re: Train station Ost. Vs Tib.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 May 2014, 06:16