We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Returning Items in Store

Which Rome hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
100 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Returning Items in Store

Hello!

I know this is my fault but its something I wanted to know nonetheless.

The other day we bought a designer shoe at a store. First the shoe we wanted didnt have the right size. After a lot of convincing we ended up buying another shoe that they said it was °perfect°.

Well now we finally try it on .. Its a little small too and in the end we really didnt want this show so you can say its a little bit of wrong choice and shoppers remorse.

We went to the store and they told us we are not allowed to return..

In the end im just wondering is this true? if it is again i know its our fault so in the end we get a really nice shoe. but if its possible to return it we would love to.

Thanks again!

Montreal
Level Contributor
17,790 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Returning Items in Store

Returns are very rarely accepted anywhere in Italy.

Edited: 24 April 2011, 23:25
Saint Marys, Ohio
Level Contributor
8,140 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Returning Items in Store

Why would ANYONE buy a shoe that the salesperson said "Was perfect?"

That's MY decision and nobody else's. If it's not perfect, there is not a salesperson who can convince me it is.

pittsburgh
Destination Expert
for Rome
Level Contributor
31,278 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Returning Items in Store

I agree with Jerry, why would you let a salesperson talk you into something you really didn't want? Well....live and learn. Unfortunately, you are probably stuck with your purchase as I have rarely seen stores that take returns...even if it's within seconds of a purchase.

Donna

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
38,737 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Returning Items in Store

Any chance you could see if they would exchange it for a different pair? I rarely do any shopping in Italy so I don't know if exchanges of an item of the same or greater price, is something that could be done.

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
23,444 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Returning Items in Store

in the US you just assume you can return things; it is the norm. we have found this is not at all the norm in Italy. it is up to the store whether they allow it and most don't apparently. they might be more sympathetic to a straight up size change of the same item but returning money is not going to happen. and as a tourist there is of course zero incentive that there might be if you were a regular local customer.

NYC
Level Contributor
1,881 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Returning Items in Store

I guess they do not have a Macy's in rome.

More the pity.

7. Re: Returning Items in Store

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 October 2012, 10:21