We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Looking for map of NDL di Italia Bancomat locations-Rome.

Which Rome hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Little Rock
1 post
1 review
Save Topic
Looking for map of NDL di Italia Bancomat locations-Rome.

We have a Bank of America Debit Card and we understand that if we use NDL di Italia Bancomats there are no fees. Anyone know how to get a map of their locations? NDL di Italia's website is really confusing.

Ferrara, Italy
Level Contributor
334 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Looking for map of NDL di Italia Bancomat locations-Rome.

Do you mean BNL (Banca Nazionale del Lavoro)? If so, go to:

bnl.it/wps/…Individui-e-famiglie

On the right, towards the bottom, choose "Trova la filiale"

For REGIONE, choose Lazio. For PROVINCIA choose Roma. For COMUNE choose Roma again. Then press CERCA. A Google Map of all their branches will appear. I would assume that most if not all regular branches -- the ones with AG. (for Agenzia) in front of the branch number --would have Bancomat machines.

Montreal
Level Contributor
17,790 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Looking for map of NDL di Italia Bancomat locations-Rome.

If you look at the Web site of the Bank of America, you will see that there is *no* bank in Italy for whose ATMs transaction fees are waived. Nor is there a NDL di Italia bank or Web site.

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
Level Contributor
82,282 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Looking for map of NDL di Italia Bancomat locations-Rome.

Italian banks do not charge for the use of their ATMs. Any fees come from your bank. Try to find someone at your bank who knows what they are talking about, and check on the fees for withdrawals in Italy. Good luck.

Florida
Level Contributor
10 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Looking for map of NDL di Italia Bancomat locations-Rome.

Hello, I too have the same problem. Today, Sept 29,2010 I was advised by B of A that BNL d'Italia will waive their $5.00 transaction fee. Users will still be charged a 1% fee. This information is based on todays conversation with B of A Future Travel Plans 1-877-833-5617. This alliance has been in effect for only two weeks. I was advised that I can use my B of A debit in any ATM Rome but will be charged the 1% plus a $5.00 transaction. BNL is part of BNP Paribas, but, BNP still charges the $5.I think the logos are visually close, green field , white stars. I have searched for BNL locations but have not had any luck, so, I too would appreciate finding it's locations. Good Luck to both of us!

Florida
Level Contributor
10 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Looking for map of NDL di Italia Bancomat locations-Rome.

Thanks for the excellent web directions for locating BNL ATMs. After I made my post, I followed your suggestion , it answered all my questions, Great help!

Montreal
Level Contributor
17,790 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Looking for map of NDL di Italia Bancomat locations-Rome.

You can also Google Plus Network, and after entering the country and the city, you can choose BNL and get all the ATM locations.

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
Level Contributor
82,282 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Looking for map of NDL di Italia Bancomat locations-Rome.

>>Today, Sept 29,2010 I was advised by B of A that BNL d'Italia will waive their $5.00 transaction fee. <<

No Italian bank charges any fee for an ATM withdrawal. All the fees are charged by your bank.

Ferrara, Italy
Level Contributor
334 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Looking for map of NDL di Italia Bancomat locations-Rome.

"No Italian bank charges any fee for an ATM withdrawal. All the fees are charged by your bank."

While it is true that the bank you use for ATM withdrawal does not charge YOU directly for this service, I think that it does charge your bank (unless they have an agreement), and your bank passes this fee (and probably a markup) on to you.

I have accounts at Intesa SanPaolo; I am not charged anything by my bank for using their ATMS or the ATMS of the 20+ other banks they own (e.g., Cassa di Risparmio di Bologna, di Venezia, di Firenze, Banco di Napoli, etc). But if I use any other banks' ATMS, I am charged a fee by my bank.

From what the OP writes, Bank of America may have an agreement with BNL so that he can use BNL ATMs without BoA having to charge him a fee.

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
Level Contributor
82,282 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Looking for map of NDL di Italia Bancomat locations-Rome.

Mequese: That is my point exactly. You are not charged a fee by the bank that owns the ATM, you are charged a fee by your bank.

Level Contributor
24 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Looking for map of NDL di Italia Bancomat locations-Rome.

A Bank of America rep just told me this, which is the same on their website:

"Bank of America is a member of the Global ATM Alliance. The Global ATM Alliance is a group of financial institutions that have created the world's first international ATM Alliance.

Use your debit card or ATM card within the Global ATM Alliance in the countries shown with no ATM operator fees or Non-Bank of America International ATM Fee. International Transaction Fees of 1% for converting your currency may apply. Only ATMs in the country listed are considered part of the Alliance.

BNL D' Italia"

So, it looks like BNL D' Italia is the safest choice for atm withdrawls - Now, does anyone know if they exist or if they are really obscure?

Thanks!