We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

HELP - Sorrento Hotels - Best Place to stay...

New York
Level Contributor
132 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
HELP - Sorrento Hotels - Best Place to stay...

My boyfriend and I are traveling to Sorrento for a 2 night stay beginning of September. We are looking for accomodations that a reasonably priced while allowing us to experience all that Sorrento has to offer. I would love a spot that has sea views and that is close to the city center. Any help is appreciated. Thank you in advance. This will be our first trip to Italy and we are extremely excited.

County Dublin...
Level Contributor
31,605 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: HELP - Sorrento Hotels - Best Place to stay...

This one might fit the bill.

www.grandhotelflora.com/

Nottingham, United...
Level Contributor
4,434 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: HELP - Sorrento Hotels - Best Place to stay...

What is your budget per night?

Central accommodations with sea views come at a premium.

UK
Destination Expert
for Venice
Level Contributor
49,678 posts
89 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: HELP - Sorrento Hotels - Best Place to stay...

Very central reasonably priced, , a little basic

Hotel Eden,

New York
Level Contributor
132 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: HELP - Sorrento Hotels - Best Place to stay...

Thank you all for your input. Looking to spend roughly 200 Euro per night. Would prefer accomodations that you are able to see the water - we don't need to be right on it and would like to have relatively easy access to the city center. Again - this is our very first time to Italy and Sorrento so we are very excited and any and all insight on how to make the best of our 2 nights here is appreciated.

County Dublin...
Level Contributor
31,605 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: HELP - Sorrento Hotels - Best Place to stay...

That being the case, book the Eden.

www.hoteledensorrento.com/

Ireland
Level Contributor
362 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: HELP - Sorrento Hotels - Best Place to stay...

Have a look at Hotel Regina. Beautiful views. Very close to city centre. Nice rooms. Great staff. Great reviews. Have a look.

Durham, United...
Destination Expert
for Sorrento
Level Contributor
4,435 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: HELP - Sorrento Hotels - Best Place to stay...

Hi

If you want sea views I would suggest the Bristol, the Belair, the Capodimante or the Minerva which are all on the cliff overlooking the Marina Grande and are less than a ten minute walk to the centre of Sorrento. They have fabulous views of the Bay Of Naples and Vesuvius. Sea view balconies are available for about 5 Euros extra per night apart from the Belair where every room has a sea view balcony included in the price but we had a tree spoiling the view and were lucky enough to be moved to a room on the top floor with the most spectacular views. They all have infinity swimming pools again with great views. The Capodimante is arguably the best of the four but the sea view balconies cost a small fortune. We are thinking about one week half board in one of these hotels in late summer and we are looking at about £800 or £900 each for the week with Thomson.

There are also some fabulous hotels overlooking the Marina Piccolo including the Riviera, the Royal and the Ambasciatori but they may cost more than 200 Euros a night especially with a sea view balcony but they do have a free sun bathing platform and the most magnificent sea views. We've been in all of these hotels and they are all great and within easy walking distance to the centre.

We've also stayed at the Continental and it is a central hotel with affordable sea views, the nearby La Favorita is better but more expensive.

I hope you enjoy every minute of your holiday wherever you go.

PS, a walk along the Marina Grande is a must and my favourite restaurants/cafes are Delfino's and Bagni St Anna but most of them are good and everyone has their own personal favourite. The Foreigner's Club also has great sea views.

Eddie

Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
53 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: HELP - Sorrento Hotels - Best Place to stay...

I know it may be out of budget, but the Grand Royal is a bit of paradise with sea views. For me, totally worth every penny.

Durham, United...
Destination Expert
for Sorrento
Level Contributor
4,435 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: HELP - Sorrento Hotels - Best Place to stay...

I agree, the Grand Royal is a dream come true and if I was flying from New York and had just two nights in Sorrento, that's the one I'd pick. Then again....

Nottingham, United...
Level Contributor
4,434 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: HELP - Sorrento Hotels - Best Place to stay...

Well the Royal is our personal favourite and we have been going there several times a year for years.

www.manniellohotels.com

Will be around 300€ per night though so doesn't fit your criteria!