We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

best way to travel from Salerno

Logan City...
Level Contributor
29 posts
7 reviews
best way to travel from Salerno

Hi , may I ask help towards traveling to Sorrento from Salerno, including the Amalfi coast,Capri, Positano, and Ravello. Which form of transport is the best?

9 replies to this topic
Naples, Italy
Level Contributor
688 posts
12 reviews
1. Re: best way to travel from Salerno

If traveling during the next few weeks the best transportation is the bus. With 2,40 euros you reach Amalfi from Salerno. From Amalfi you can then reach Sorrento and Ravello easily with the bus too. If traveling in Juli/August i would not suggest bus, maybe ferry would be better (but ten times more expensive)

Logan City...
Level Contributor
29 posts
7 reviews
2. Re: best way to travel from Salerno

How about travelling in October?

Naples, Italy
Level Contributor
688 posts
12 reviews
3. Re: best way to travel from Salerno

Gonna be ok.

Destination Expert
for Naples
Level Contributor
18,143 posts
43 reviews
4. Re: best way to travel from Salerno

"Best" implies a value judgement, without knowing what is important to you for this decision it's hard to be helpful.

If lowest cost is your priority, the bus is the best fit.

If comfort and convenience are high on your list of priorities, the bus probably isn't a great fit.

You can also move around the cost by ferry.

At the high end (cost) you could hire a car service which gives you the ultimate flexibity to choose your sechdule and stops.

Level Contributor
9 posts
48 reviews
5. Re: best way to travel from Salerno

We took the Sita bus to Ravello 2 days ago from Salerno old town area and it was so full (packed with the aisle full) that the driver only picked up one single passenger after us. Mind you, there were about 10 people left on the side of the road that wanted to get on. This was at about lunchtime. The bus was running late too. It’s a very twisty road and goes very slowly - I think it was almost 2 hours to travel less than 30km. If you have any opportunity to avoid the bus, then avoid it at all costs. On another note - we walked down from Ravello to Amalfi in the afternoon and it was a lovely walk. We took the ferry back to Salerno. It was worth every cent.

Naples, Italy
Level Contributor
688 posts
12 reviews
6. Re: best way to travel from Salerno

You did that in the weekend, it is not always like that. Moreover if you want a place you just need to take the bus at the Vinciprova Station, i always find place there and the locals know that.

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
34 posts
3 reviews
7. Re: best way to travel from Salerno

Terry how much time it took for you to walk from Ravello to Amalphi? is it safe walking during day time? have you experienced any pick-pocketing there?

Naples, Italy
Level Contributor
688 posts
12 reviews
8. Re: best way to travel from Salerno

You must be very fit if you want to walk Amalfi to Ravello, it’s a neverending stair. Please tell me where did you read story about pickpocketing on the Amalfi Coast, never ever heard of it.

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
34 posts
3 reviews
9. Re: best way to travel from Salerno

Luigi, I read most of the pickpocket story in

Rome, Naples and in Sorrento. By the way which town did you stay? Which one will be convenient? Do you need to pre book your ferries? Pl share thx

Reply to: best way to travel from Salerno
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted