We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bus and bicycle information for Catanzaro Lido area?

Chicago, Illinois
1 post
Save Topic
Bus and bicycle information for Catanzaro Lido area?

Next month I am making a rather spur-of-the-moment trip to the Catanzaro Lido / Staletti area in Calabria, to visit a friend who is in a three-month program at the Italian Culinary Institute there.

I'm a pretty experienced European traveler and typically I like to get around like a local, relying on buses and trains and the like. I've planned my train travel from Naples (where my flight arrives) to Catanzaro Lido, but I'm having a lot of trouble finding information about local buses other than passing references to the fact that they do exist.

Is it possible to get around this area via bus? Is there a website with route and schedule information that I could look at (it's okay if it's in Italian only)? And if not, can anyone tell me what to expect as far as taxi service instead?

And then my final question is related to bicycle rental. I'm staying with my friend in her suite at the Baia dell'Est in Staletti, but she'll be in class much of the time and I plan on getting out and about on my own. As an avid cyclist from Chicago, a bike rental would be ideal. Again, I can find passing references on several sites that such a thing does exist, but I can find no concrete information about where one could do such a thing, approximate cost, etc.

Any transportation-related information for Catanzaro Lido and the surrounding area would be most appreciated!!!

1. Re: Bus and bicycle information for Catanzaro Lido area?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 January 2016, 06:17
Get answers to your questions about Catanzaro