We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Any one know where Patrona is and how to get there from Rome

Phoenix
Level Contributor
434 posts
2 reviews
Any one know where Patrona is and how to get there from Rome

My grandparents came from this area. An arranged marriage would like to travel to this see if any Greco's or Marchio's Bruni's are there???any help much appreciated... Will be on a tour of Italy late Sept but willing to stay over if this materializes.

Montreal
Level Contributor
17,790 posts
1. Re: Any one know where Patrona is and how to get there from Rome

There is no town or village called Patrona in Italy, but there is a village called PEtrona (with an E) in the province of Catanzaro, with 8 Grecos, 46 Marchios and 2 Brunis listed in the Italian White Pages.

There is probably a bus from Catanzaro to Petrona.

Phoenix
Level Contributor
434 posts
2 reviews
2. Re: Any one know where Patrona is and how to get there from Rome

Thank you so much How would be the best way to get to Cantazaro from Rome?? How long or far from Rome Is travel safe I'll probably be alone??

Montreal
Level Contributor
17,790 posts
3. Re: Any one know where Patrona is and how to get there from Rome

There are trains from Rome to Catanzaro. Most take around 6 hours and require a change in Lamezia Terme.

I assume from your member name that you are male. I haven't traveled in Calabria, but I think you'd be perfectly safe as a man or a woman, but if you're a woman, you might get some questioning looks in rural Calabria. But if you managed to establish some kind of relationship with someone trustworthy, people would probably be very welcoming.

4. Re: Any one know where Patrona is and how to get there from Rome

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 December 2009, 07:23
Get answers to your questions about Catanzaro