We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

The Travel Department tour operator

Northern Ireland
3 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
The Travel Department tour operator

Has anyone any experience of using this tour operator?

I am particularly interested in their holiday in Tuscany including Florence, Siena & Assisi based at the Grand Hotel Excelsior in Chianciano.

Many thanks

N Ireland
Level Contributor
1 post
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: The Travel Department tour operator

My wife and I have used this company a couple of times. Hotels are reasonable and excursions ok. Worth a try.

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
45 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: The Travel Department tour operator

HI, I have used the travel department twice now. My dad used them and my neighbours have used them for years. I was in Tuscany last year with them but based in Montecatini. We also did Florence, Siena, Pisa, Lucca and a few other towns. I love using the TD as once you get off your flight there's nothing to think about except enjoying your holiday. Everything is arranged - meals - trips - lunches - city guides - rep on hand 24/7 for any problems/ queries. This year I was in Lake Como with the TD and again everything was great. I am hoping to go back to Tuscany next year (as its greener and more country-like) and maybe a christmas market trip before that!. I met some people on holidays who were on their fourth TD trip! Can't be bad. Having used them twice now myself I would always have them as my a first choice. As a solo traveller the TD makes my travel life so much easier and relaxed and also makes my family happier to know I'm not travelling alone!.

3. Re: The Travel Department tour operator

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 14 October 2009, 10:50
4. Re: The Travel Department tour operator

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 April 2010, 06:18