We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Direct bus service between Alicante airport & Torrevieja

Which Torrevieja hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Banbridge
8 posts
Save Topic
Direct bus service between Alicante airport & Torrevieja

Hi

I've just read that a new direct bus service between El Altet airport and Torrevieja bus station will commence this month and will travel via the motorway and not the N332. The article was posted on 8 April 2011. Does anyone know any more about this? We usually get the bus from ~Alicante centre but are due to travel again in May and would prefer to get a direct bus.

Thanks

UK
Level Contributor
368 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Direct bus service between Alicante airport & Torrevieja

According to The Coast Rider, the service 'should' be commencing this month. It will travel down the AP7, then into Torrevieja via the CV 905.

(I've been reading a thread on the forum on www.torrevieja.co.uk about this, there's more info on there)

Banbridge
8 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Direct bus service between Alicante airport & Torrevieja

Thanks rln72!

Amsterdam, The...
Destination Expert
for Amsterdam
Level Contributor
37,311 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Direct bus service between Alicante airport & Torrevieja

This is great news, why has it taken so long when there is an obviouls need for it, but I can't find any mention of it on the Alicante airport website. Was planning on going down there next month and my brother has a car already at his house so getting public transport will be fantastic.

I have been trying to nail down the location of the main bus station in Torrevieja. Google maps have in on Del Mar but is this an old location and has it been moved to near the new hospital? Also any idea about a bus route which would take me near his house by Via Park 1?

Letterkenny, Ireland
Level Contributor
30 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Direct bus service between Alicante airport & Torrevieja

Why has it taken so long you ask?

One words Taxi's or rather the taxi drivers, My father has a house out in villamartin i stayed there while work was going on (about 1 month) last year, sortof as a foreman, i had to lift him at the airport and the abuse and interrogation i got while waiting for him to come out of arrivals was crazy! They charge extraordinary prices and will use the bus when not hiring a car, for sure!

Edited: 26 April 2011, 16:59
Felbridge, United...
Level Contributor
1,534 posts
416 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Direct bus service between Alicante airport & Torrevieja

Service starts next Monday. 8 times a day each way. Alicante airport to Torrevieja Bus Station 8.00, 10.00, 12.00, 14.00, 16.00, 18.00, 20.00 & 22.00. Torrevieja Bus Station to Airport 7.00, 9.00, 11.00, 13.00, 15.00, 17.00, 19.00 & 21.00. Service will run 365 days a year. Cost 6.79 euros each way. Further info: 96 571 0146.

Service is non-stop on motorway.

Amsterdam, The...
Destination Expert
for Amsterdam
Level Contributor
37,311 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Direct bus service between Alicante airport & Torrevieja

Thanks for that. Just got back and did not see any sign of this bus when at the airport. I'm guessing it leaves from one of the bus stops below arrivals under the new terminal. I had a look for it on wednesday again but still didn't see it but then if it only leaves every 2 hours I could have missed it.

Playa Flamenca...
Level Contributor
3,803 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Direct bus service between Alicante airport & Torrevieja

If you come out of arrivals upstairs the bus stops there but not at the bust stops just along a little. It has a board in the window with the words quick air on it. .The Bus Station is on Calle del Mar in the centre of Torrevieja , a few streets hehind the main church. From here you can catch various buses to a number of destinations.

http://www.diarioinformacion.com/vega-b ... 31035.html this shows a picture of the bus at the airport.

For RonaldoC

The bus that goes to Cartagena stops at the mercadona roundabout in Playa Flamenca, then its a short walk to Via Park 1.

Playa Flamenca...
Level Contributor
3,803 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Direct bus service between Alicante airport & Torrevieja

RonaldoC here is the timetable for the bus to Cartagena.

www.costazul.net/Lineacartagenaingles.htm

Amsterdam, The...
Destination Expert
for Amsterdam
Level Contributor
37,311 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Direct bus service between Alicante airport & Torrevieja

Thanks Sunlover, I see on the Airport website that they have info now

www.aena.es/csee/Satellite…

Including a map of the location and timetable. The link you provided does not work anymore.

Tonbridge, United...
1 post
Save Reply
10. Re: Direct bus service between Alicante airport & Torrevieja

Alicante - Airport - Torrevieja public transport system

08 April, 2011 11:00:00 Redaccion

Font size:

On 23 May, 2011 the bus service starts between Torrevieja and alicante airport.

The service is direct, without any stops, and it runs 7 days a week, 365 days a year, with 8 trips there and 8 trips back daily.

On 23 May, 2011 the bus service starts between Torrevieja and El Altet airport.

This service offers 8 round trips a day, 365 days a year:

Torrevieja to Airport: 7:00, 9:00, 11:00, 13:00, 15:00, 17:00, 19:00, 21:00

Airport to Torrevieja: 8:00, 10:00, 12:00, 14:00, 16:00, 18:00, 20:00, 22:00

Departure and arrival: Torrevieja bus station. Calle del Mar, 50

Ticket Price: € 6.79

Children aged under 4, free (Idetification card is required in this case)

For more information, call 96 571 01 46 saying you have been referred by Torrevieja.com.

The express passenger service between Torrevieja bus station and Alicante Airport is direct, with no stops.

The route selected will run inland via the A-7 highway instead of following the N-332 route, thus avoiding traffic delays on the N-332, especially during the summer months.

Edited: 02 July 2011, 00:07
Get answers to your questions about Torrevieja