We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

cardias hill

Which Benidorm hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
67 posts
16 reviews
Save Topic
cardias hill

Please can anyone tell me is the hill to the magic rock that bad ??

Taking my mum in October she's 72 .

Thanks Angela

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
67 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: cardias hill

Soz.

I meant cardiac hill

Angela

Sunderland, United...
Level Contributor
497 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: cardias hill

YES IT IS !!! Be prepared to get taxis to and from hotel .

london
Level Contributor
1,284 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: cardias hill

Yeah its a bit of a nightmare to most people but for people who want to do what the good ole doc says and push the heart muscle up a few minutes each day its a gem and obviousy with people with walking difficulties and quite elderly its not advisable to head for a hotel up there, athough I have heard more than once that the Magic rock especialy after its refurb is a very nice place to stay and comes with good reviews. I love that area but also theres alot of variety in Benidorm and that includes good hotels and many that are more on the flat. Cardiac hill is especially 'a killer' if you've had a drink or two, but like anywhere a taxi could solve this problem.

York, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
489 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: cardias hill

i struggle at 43, never mind 72...........

Lancashire
Level Contributor
10,787 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: cardias hill

I'ts steep but not a killer by any means, if she's a spritely 72 then she should be ok providing your'e not doing it several times a day. If she struggles a bit then deffo a Taxi! From the bottom of the hill to the Magic Rock is around 250 average paces.....someone asked me to measure it! Lol!

Best regards - Taggy

Edited: 20 July 2012, 22:18
Aberdeen, United...
Level Contributor
11,771 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: cardias hill

Afraid so Angela its bad I was out of puff when I got to top!and I class myself as pretty fit!!well I've no illnesses or the like and I really struggled with it,

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
67 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: cardias hill

Taxi,s it will b then .

Good job were geting more euro for the £ !!

Thanks for your help

Angela

Stockton-on-Tees...
Level Contributor
123 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: cardias hill

When I've stayed there it's usually been a case of a nice leisurely walk down. There's some nice little bars and cafes on the way, so your Mum doesn't have to do it all in one go.

On the way back up it's usually (but not always) a taxi ride. It's not expensive, so just see how you both feel, and suit yourselves!!

Aberdeen, United...
Level Contributor
11,771 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: cardias hill

Smoggybear where's the bars & cafes on the way down the hill from the rock gardens??can't say I've seen any,

Stockton-on-Tees...
Level Contributor
123 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: cardias hill

From memory*, (it's about 5 years since I stayed in the Magic Rock); I can think of the Spanish bar that the local Police use, Stretford End, Queen Mary, Lolly's, Fawlty Towers, a few other bars/cafes (can't remember the names), and a few Indian restaurants, with the Plaza and White Horse at the bottom.

I think it all depends on the route you take, which pubs/cafes you'll pass on your way down from the Magic Rock.

*Memory tends to be clouded in Benidorm due to the copious amounts of alcohol that is inevitably consumed :-) !!

Get answers to your questions about Benidorm
More Benidorm Topics