We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Weather in Alicante

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
8 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Weather in Alicante

Hi

I was wondering what is the weather like in Alicante city at the moment? I know it's been unseasonably hot in many parts of Europe.

I was thinking of going to Alicante mid October. What sort of temperature might I expect & would the water temperature be too cold for swimming in? Didn't get a summer here in Eire this year so would love to get away for some in Espagna.

Thanks,

London, United...
Level Contributor
1 post
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Weather in Alicante

Hiya,

I am planning on heading out there this weekend as some friends have a villa out there. They go quite regularly throughout the year and have been fortunate enough to have sun for the majority of each trip. Looking at the weather for my week out there it is forecast rain unfortunately but I am still hopeful!

I think the average temperature in October is around 20 degrees so I imagine you could swim. And I have heard that they only get around 20-25 days of rain per year. Hope this helps!

Germany
Level Contributor
2,138 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Weather in Alicante

There are usually 3 days with rain in October , temperature

20-30°C . The water is 24°C at the moment , perfect for swimming

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
128 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Weather in Alicante

Alicante is partly cloudy today, temp 25 degrees C with a light breeze.

The weather in mid-October is usually pleasant, to compare to Ireland, then it would have been better than the Summer just past!!

There is a possibility of rain in Spain in October but not like we know it!!! (It does stop sometime!) I would suggest bringing a Jacket, Jumper and Rain-coat, just in case...

The temp drops as the year goes on but you can get a swim in almost every day, even Christmas Day. Its the cool on-shore breeze that makes it unpleasant but not impossible.

Just a tip too, I always pack fluffy slippers or SlipperSoks as the marble floor tiles can be very cold, but great in the heat of the Summer of course.

Enjoy.

London
2 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Weather in Alicante

Just got back from Playa San Juan last Monday, 17 Sept, temperatures ranged between 27-31 daytime - so quite warm and perfect night time weather. Not sure how quickly it will change.

It had been very windy though, especially late afternoon for a couple of hours. Sea bit choppy because of this but very warm.

5. Re: Weather in Alicante

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 September 2009, 20:17
Get answers to your questions about Province of Alicante