We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

The best resort in Costa Blanca

Which Costa Blanca hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
london
Level Contributor
45 posts
42 reviews
Save Topic
The best resort in Costa Blanca

This probably gets asked all the time but I have searched and cannot find anything that answers my question! Any suggestions as to the nicest resort to visit on t he Costa Blanca. We are a family of 3 - one 8 year old girl, looking for a nice beach resort with a few bars and restaurants, and a hotel with kids stuff going on. We would prefer to be south of Alicante as we are going to visit some friends in that area. They have only recently moved out there and don't have kids, so don't want to suggest a resort or hotel for us to go to.

I'm hoping someone on Tripadvisor can help me....thanks!

Felbridge, United...
Level Contributor
1,503 posts
386 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: The best resort in Costa Blanca

How far south do your friends live? There are plenty of resorts between Alicante and San Javier (where it changes to Costa Calida), so will you be flying into Alicante or San Javier?

Most of the hotels in the resorts south of Alicante don't lay on much entertainment for childrent.

london
Level Contributor
45 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: The best resort in Costa Blanca

My friends live in Orihuela and I think we can fly to Alicante but Murcia is closer to them, so I guess it depends where we go as to where we fly to.... What's Costa Calida like?

Felbridge, United...
Level Contributor
1,503 posts
386 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: The best resort in Costa Blanca

Personally, I prefer the Murcia area. The main resort south of Alicante is Torrevieja which is very English, and some areas are quite run down (lots of info in Torrevieja forum).

The coastal resorts near to SJ airport, Los Alcazares being the main one, have lovely sandy beaches, and a good selection of bars and restaurants and a few hotels.

La Zenia/Playa Flamenca, which is half way between Torrevieja and San Javier is also a very nice area, with a very good choice of restaurants and bars and lovely beaches. Most of the beaches along the coast have play areas for children.

I suspect that the hotels won't have much on to keep kids occuplied. In all these areas there are plenty of apartments/houses to rent - might be worth considering.

Beverley, United...
Level Contributor
246 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: The best resort in Costa Blanca

Mil Palmeras is nice.

There's the Pameras Beach Hotel on the beach.

5. Re: The best resort in Costa Blanca

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 December 2010, 06:15