We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

To visit Toledo or Segovia

Which Madrid hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Tokyo, Japan
Level Contributor
8 posts
14 reviews
Save Topic
To visit Toledo or Segovia

We only have 2 days in Madrid and on the second day we are thinking of hiring a guided tour to either Toledo or Segovia. It is my first time in Spain so I need recommendation which town to visit. Thank you!!

Malaga, Spain
Destination Expert
for Malaga, Andalucia, Madrid, Zaragoza, Valencia, Seville
Level Contributor
57,624 posts
3,576 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: To visit Toledo or Segovia

AlohaGiselle:

This is one of the most asked question in the Madrid forum. Both are wonderful places. Just toss a coin to decide. On your next trip to Madrid you can go to the place you missed.

Or you can read the top questions on the right panel about the day trip to each place and decide based on what you expect to find in each place.

Edited: 23 September 2010, 06:54
Baton Rouge...
Level Contributor
200 posts
682 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: To visit Toledo or Segovia

It is worth seeing both and a tough call. I think if I had to see one and having been to both several times, I would vote for Toledo. More to see in one day.

Aubrey, Texas
Level Contributor
10,527 posts
169 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: To visit Toledo or Segovia

With only two days in Madrid, I say stay and see the city. You can't possibly fit everything into even that short period of time.

Treasure Island...
Destination Expert
for Ronda
Level Contributor
10,704 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: To visit Toledo or Segovia

You might want to see what it would cost to see Segovia and Aliva on the same tour, they are not to far apart. You may get two for the price of one, Aliva is a old Walled City, very nice, we had a car so it was easy for us. Good luck and have fun. Hubie

Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
165 posts
116 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: To visit Toledo or Segovia

i think madrid is nice but it is a good choice to go to toledo or segovia. like other people said... it is a coin toss. i went to both places and both are really nice. personal choice? i pick segovia plus if you find a way to go to avila (walled city) that will be the plus. good luck

karachi
Level Contributor
647 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: To visit Toledo or Segovia

“Toledo or Segovia”?…neither!….criminal to relegate such wonderful destinations to the odious category of ‘day trips’ from Madrid….just two days in the gorgeous Spanish Capital?…eat, drink and be merry…don’t get distracted…..art and culture can wait…you are bound to return!

Dubai, United Arab...
Level Contributor
17 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: To visit Toledo or Segovia

Segovia is my personal favorite. You can do it on your own. Take high speed train then the local bus & get off at the aquaduct. Walk thru the town, visit the old church and huge cathedral, enjoy a nice lunch, then walk to the castle. On way back, browse the shops & stop for a drink. Bring warm clothes as October CAN be pretty cold there, much colder than Madrid.

Northampton, MA
Level Contributor
3,776 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: To visit Toledo or Segovia

There is no answer to this question as both are equally great. I prefer Toledo because I love El Greco. With only two days in Madrid I would stay put, it deserves 3 days minimum.

9. Re: To visit Toledo or Segovia

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 March 2011, 06:29