We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Leon or Astorga

wernersville, pa
Level Contributor
348 posts
10 reviews
Leon or Astorga

Which would make a better base for exploring the area. We will have a rental car. We plan on being in the area for four nights. We would like to see Leon, Astorga, Ponferrada and the area around Bierzo. We were thinking of staying in Astorga and taking a bus into Leon for the day in order to avoid driving into and out of Leon for our day trips. If we could stay at the Parador in Leon we would stay there because it looks so beautiful but unfortunately it is closed for renovations.

5 replies to this topic
Malaga, Spain
Level Contributor
70,716 posts
3,787 reviews
1. Re: Leon or Astorga

I would stay in Leon because there is much more to see there than Astorga.

Use Booking.com to look for hotels with a garage.

Osuna, Spain
Level Contributor
1,372 posts
68 reviews
2. Re: Leon or Astorga

We stayed at the Hotel Sercotel Alfonso V, centally located with parking for the car. Enjoyed it very much.

Find it on booking.com

https://www.booking.com/s/34_6/21acac07

Have a great trip

wernersville, pa
Level Contributor
348 posts
10 reviews
3. Re: Leon or Astorga

My concern with staying in Leon is the difficulty of getting in and out of the city. I am thinking that a smaller town would be easier. We are only planning on spending one day seeing Leon and the rest of the time doing day trips by car in the surrounding area.

Florida
Level Contributor
1 post
28 reviews
4. Re: Leon or Astorga

Of the two, Astorga is more charming. Plenty of sites to see, places to stay, and good food.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
380 posts
13 reviews
5. Re: Leon or Astorga

Astorga is charming and easy to drive in and out. The Gaudi palace is smashingly beautiful. We stayed at Casa de Tepa which is charming and offers parking.

Reply to: Leon or Astorga
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted