Calle Ancha is the main street of the center of Leon. At one end is San Marcelo square, with the Casa de Botines by Gaudi and the Palace of the Guzmanes. Use Booking.com to find hotels or apartments and choose Leon City Center as the neighborhood. The San Marcos Monastery is the Parador and probably is the most beautiful parador in Spain.
1. Leon Cathedral - This Gothic church has 1800 square meters of stained glass windows, and these are considered some of the best in Europe.
2. San Isidoro Basilica - A Romanesque church that holds the Royal Pantheon, where the Kingdom of Leon's royal family was buried.
3. San Marcos Monastery - Considered one of the most impressive examples of the Spanish Renaissance. It is also the Parador.
4. Leon Museum - Located in one part of the San Marcos Monastery. There are Roman mosaics, steles, tombstones, medieval objects and carvings.
5. Roman City Walls of Leon - Built in the 3rd century.
6. Los Guzmanes Palace - Beautiful 16th century Renaissance bulding.
7. Casa Botines - A Gaudi masterpiece constructed in 1891 for the fabric merchants of Leon.
8. Barrio Humedo is the historic center of the city and includes the Plaza Mayor and Plaza San Martin, with many bars and restaurants.