We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Order of events

new york city
Level Contributor
407 posts
90 reviews
Order of events

I know it's been asked before but hope you'll indulge me. I had hoped to stay overnight but that is not to be. We'll get a 9am (this is on an early October Wednesday) train from Madrid and try to catch the latest train back (21:30?). I want to definitely see the Synagogue, some of the El Greco Museum or a church with some of the El Grecos in it (is that the big cathedral?) and I most dearly want to go to the place where the nuns make the mazapan (something utterly beloved by my husband and I think that anytime you can buy mazapan from the nuns who actually made it...you simply must). The last is a surprise for my husband. Of course, we would love to have a nice (but not exceptionally elaborate) meal - thinking lunchtime if everything shuts down anyway).

I feel that I have to have a working plan for this day and know that there are some folks here who are very good at helping see the organization of that. So...advice on an order of events???

thanks and thanks and thanks.

bean

Malaga, Spain
Level Contributor
71,431 posts
3,815 reviews
1. Re: Order of events

Bean:

Many stores do not close at lunch time because they cater to tourists.

Church of San Tome:

This small church contains El Greco’s most famous painting, “The Burial of the Count of Orgaz”, painted in 1586 in a very large format (460 cm x 360 cm). This is a marvelous painting and one of El Greco's best, and it is considered one of the great art masterpieces of Spain.

new york city
Level Contributor
407 posts
90 reviews
2. Re: Order of events

bumping this back in hopes a few more answers???

3. Re: Order of events

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 April 2018, 05:18
Get answers to your questions about Toledo