We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

toledo OR toledo with el escorial?

Manila, Philippines
Level Contributor
169 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
toledo OR toledo with el escorial?

Good day!

I have one day to spare in Madrid and I would like to take a trip to Toledo. Would you advise to just take the train to Toledo on my own, or join a tour that also goes to El Escorial? I do not mind paying extra, and El Escorial also seems interesting. I am just worried that time in Toledo might be limited if I join a tour.

Thanks!

Destination Expert
for Bilbao, Basque Country
Level Contributor
1,536 posts
288 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: toledo OR toledo with el escorial?

I think that you won´t have enough time to visit both. It is true that you always save time when you do the visit with a guided tour but I wouldn´t visit both on the same day, too much!! Moreover, you could take the train and visit the city on your own.

Manila, Philippines
Level Contributor
169 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: toledo OR toledo with el escorial?

Thank you! They offer this as an 11 hour day trip i think. Will it be fine to just skip El Escorial altogether.. I will not be missing much? I do not have another free day for a separate trip to el escorial.

Malaga, Spain
Level Contributor
69,640 posts
3,767 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: toledo OR toledo with el escorial?

You need to go to El Escorial some other time. There is much to see in Toledo and you need one day there.

Manila, Philippines
Level Contributor
169 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: toledo OR toledo with el escorial?

Thank you for your recommendations

5. Re: toledo OR toledo with el escorial?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 April 2018, 05:18