We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How to minimize walking for handicapped

Gorgan, Iran
Level Contributor
403 posts
141 reviews
Save Topic
How to minimize walking for handicapped

Hi

I have a small problem with my leg, can walk but half distance of a normal person in a period (a day) , no problem with uphill. We plan to go there tomorrow by train from Madrid. Stay there till 6pm.

In this forum I have read 2 ways , one take a taxi to Mirador, stop a few minutes and then continue to san martin bridge then continue by walk to the center .

The other way suggest first by taxi to miredor then to juderia then walk to center.

We plan to take the tourist train in the middle of the day, so i think it is not necessary to go to Morador first, (train will go there) .

I want to know the sites that is hard to reach, to take a taxi at first and do them, then reach the cathedral , alcazar and others. El greco is not a must for me, if it is on my way , surely visit it.

What sould i do at first when reach the station, and how far is the first tourist office and a effective map?

London, United...
Destination Expert
for Costa de la Luz
Level Contributor
23,622 posts
291 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: How to minimize walking for handicapped

At Toledo train station there are tourist desks to assist.

Personally I think in your case you could take your taxi from the station with a stop at the Miradfor and take in the city views first then continue with taxi to drop you off at the Puente de San Martin. Now this is not a bad place to start. It is actually only about 1 km to the cathedral. Toledo is not that large. And walking across the San Martin bridge you could make your way into the old Jewish side of Toledo with stops for coffee and shops then gradually towards the cathedral then continue towards Zocodover square. As you have already had the views over the river I do not think you would benefit from the train. You can return to the train station using taxi or bus from Zocodover.

Gorgan, Iran
Level Contributor
403 posts
141 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: How to minimize walking for handicapped

Thanks.

Is it good to take a taxi and see both side bridges ( I forget the names) and Mirador and leave it at san martin?

From san martin, It is not so much uphill walk to el greco and continue to center, cathedral?

London, United...
Destination Expert
for Costa de la Luz
Level Contributor
23,622 posts
291 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: How to minimize walking for handicapped

Yes do to the Alcantara bridge on the way to the Mirador.

https://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/Attraction_Rev…

Malaga, Spain
Level Contributor
69,805 posts
3,785 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: How to minimize walking for handicapped

https:/…Maps.Of.Toledo.html

Gorgan, Iran
Level Contributor
403 posts
141 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: How to minimize walking for handicapped

Thanks a lot.

6. Re: How to minimize walking for handicapped

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 April 2018, 05:18