We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Weather question

Weather question

Me and my partner and flying out next Thursday and I wondered what the weather is like their at the moment.

Level Contributor
828 posts
3 reviews
1. Re: Weather question

Apparently its been quite sunny lately in PDLC, which is quite rare, expect more cloud than sunshine

Tenerife, Spain
Level Contributor
17,549 posts
182 reviews
2. Re: Weather question

You might want to keep an eye on the forecast from the Spanish Met office aemet.es/es/…puerto-de-la-cruz-id38028

Also on the webcams there are 2 at different parts of town. skylinewebcams.com/en/webcam/espana/canarias…

skylinewebcams.com/en/webcam/espana/canarias…

1 post
3. Re: Weather question

I'm in PDLC currently and it has been very warm with sunshine every day I've been here. Today has been the only day with a bit of cloud however still very warm. Temperatures have reached 27C every day I've been here

Clonmel, Ireland
Level Contributor
2 posts
9 reviews
4. Re: Weather question

We just got back from Puerto de la Cruz on Monday. We were there for a week and got 4 hot sunny days. More than enough as its still hot even when cloudy. I still burned even when wearing sun screen. It was our second time there so we knew to expect some clouds. We love the area and will go back again regardless of weather. According to the weather app on my phone it was 37℃ at one point on one of the sunny days and 35℃ another. Cloudy days considerably cooler but you're still looking at around 27℃ 28℃. So you'll be able to swim and wear shorts and t shirts. No need of long sleeves all week.

Kenilworth, United...
Level Contributor
271 posts
34 reviews
5. Re: Weather question

Weather this week has been fab (been here since Sunday) currently 25 degrees at 22.20 and forecast much of the same for the next week. Hottest I've seen it this week was 33 degrees on Monday. Heading to the beach tomorrow :)

Level Contributor
828 posts
3 reviews
6. Re: Weather question

Katie_105, weather was mostly cloudy yesterday and today, chances are it will be cloudy again tommorow, and the day after that, sunshine is very rare in PDLC, even the locals will tell you that, I'm pleased you got lucky and managed to get several days of sunshine on your holiday

Edited: 03 August 2017, 23:04
Kenilworth, United...
Level Contributor
271 posts
34 reviews
7. Re: Weather question

Over the 30 years that I have visited, we have had sunny holidays here. Yes, there is some cloud on occasion. But certainly not all the time. Do you have some sort of personal vendetta against puerto? Because you seem to slate it at any given opportunity! Personally, I would never holiday in the south. But that doesn't mean I would put it down and be rude to people who enjoy it down there. Each to their own! We all enjoy different things and want different things from a holiday. But to state that there is NEVER any sun up here is absolute rubbish.

Lincoln, United...
Level Contributor
48 posts
9 reviews
8. Re: Weather question

I've been following these posts on here regards weather. I'm confused as to how you say good things good sunshine. Yet you get the other post that says never sunshine . Is this person actually there or just looking on web cams. I like sun and traditional Spanish places hence why I'm following this forum. Very confusing to us who like sunshine. So pleased actual people who are actually there replying to posts.it truely helps us 😀👍

Chester
Level Contributor
3,146 posts
99 reviews
9. Re: Weather question

Hi Roxy,

as far as we know Radgie has never been and only looks at the wed cam to make her mind up ( I say her because we think it is suzzie who got a complete ban). The weather is like British weather in the sense you can get a lot of cloud that hangs around the lea side of Mountain so when Radgie looks at the web cam you often see cloud high up in the La Orotava valley but the Lido and the prom will be in sunshine. The other camera they look at is of the harbour and when they don't see anybody on the beach it must be cloudy but the problem with that theory is the harbour is not one of the main beaches, it is where the locals go so it will often be empty during the week.

If you want clear blue skies all day every day PDLC won't be for you but as I look out the window now (UK) we have cloud and blue sky and that is my experience of PDLC.

If you want a traditional Canarian resort PDLC would fit the bill.

Level Contributor
828 posts
3 reviews
10. Re: Weather question

Kieth E, im getting a bit technical here, but one sure way to see if the sun is out on a webcam, is look for the shadows, if the the sun is out, people walking past will have a shadow, a simple scientific fact, and they aint many shadows in PDLC hehehe

Edited: 04 August 2017, 09:37
Get answers to your questions about Puerto de la Cruz