We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Aer lingus stopping Belfast-Lanzarote?

Lanzarote, Spain
Level Contributor
6,534 posts
Save Topic
Aer lingus stopping Belfast-Lanzarote?

Rummors that Aer Lingus is moving airports in Belfast and one downside is the stopping of all Canary flights...?

Lancashire, United...
Destination Expert
for Playa Blanca
Level Contributor
33,540 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Aer lingus stopping Belfast-Lanzarote?

bbc.co.uk/news/uk-northern-ireland-18899093

Carrickfergus...
Level Contributor
95 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Aer lingus stopping Belfast-Lanzarote?

Can't believe they're doing this, only found lanzarote last year after going to turkey for years now they're pulling out, is anyone stepping into their place

Ballymena, United...
Level Contributor
3 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Aer lingus stopping Belfast-Lanzarote?

Jet 2 are stepping in to offer flights to Lanzarote from the end of October to end of April. The flights are only on Sundays though there are some Thursday flights around Christmas and the New Year. The flights are roughly about £100 more than the Aer Lingus flights used to be, with the lowest priced return being £340 pp return. Apart from that there are Thomas Cook flights each Thursday, throughout the year. It appears Aer Lingus are wainting to concentrate on business travellers and due to the short runway at Belfast City Aer Lingus' Airbuses can not take of with enough fuel to fly non stop to Lanzarote.

Edited: 19 July 2012, 22:42
Belfast, United...
Level Contributor
395 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Aer lingus stopping Belfast-Lanzarote?

I have booked to fly in september with them. What happens now

Belfast, United...
Level Contributor
395 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Aer lingus stopping Belfast-Lanzarote?

Have recieved e-mail from Air lingus. They are still flying out untill the 28th October. If you have booked after that they will contact you. Thompson done that last year on the egypt flight and we had to pay 200 each extra to fly with thomas cook. It seems thats another distination pulled out as well as the fourtventura flight.

Lanzarote, Spain
Level Contributor
6,534 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Aer lingus stopping Belfast-Lanzarote?

All the Canary flights are finishing, lost for words to be honest. Not a fan of Ryanair but I do wonder if they may do the routes at some stage. otherwise its a case of seeing what Jet2 Thomson or Thomas cook offer price wise. or else driving to Dublin I guess.

Keith

Belfast, United...
Level Contributor
395 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Aer lingus stopping Belfast-Lanzarote?

It seems they dont want are custom any more or are they paying to much to use belfast intern. Any time i have went to lanz the flight has been full. I think Belfast is getting a raw deal.

Lanzarote, Spain
Level Contributor
6,534 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Aer lingus stopping Belfast-Lanzarote?

Belfast IS getting a raw deal, for some reason EI want to operate from the City airport, the downside being that they cannot fly to the Canaries from there..so they chopped all the routes. Yet make out the move is good for the customers....really.....

I agree, some of their busiest...

Keith

dublin
Level Contributor
205 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Aer lingus stopping Belfast-Lanzarote?

I noticed the prices for flights from Dublin-Lanzarote for next winter are higher than in previous years, I guess this explains it :-(

Carryduff
Level Contributor
59 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Aer lingus stopping Belfast-Lanzarote?

It seems now to be certain that Aer Lingus have dropped Lanzarote route as well has the other Canary Islands from their scheldules due to their move to Belfast City Airport. Complete disregard for us customers!! Does anyone have any updates on whether any of the other carriers will be taking over the summer route from Belfast International to Arrecife?

Get answers to your questions about Lanzarote