We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Lanzerote weather in March?

Birmingham, United...
Level Contributor
8 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Lanzerote weather in March?

I would be very grateful for some advice on the weather in Playa Blanca in mid-late March.

I am on the verge of booking but bikini weather is key here, we went to Rhodes (The 'Sun' island) in Oct and it rained most days, I need a good dose of vit d!!

Can you enjoy the beach at this time of the year and get a tan?

Thank-you x

Rochdale, United...
Level Contributor
71 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Lanzerote weather in March?

we're going that exact time to playa blanca. we think the weather is going to be in the 20s, around max temps of 24/25. maybe that's just me being optimistic but i highly doubt it will be higher/lower than that. :)

Birmingham, United...
Level Contributor
8 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Lanzerote weather in March?

hey thanks for your reply. i think i will book the 19th- 26th march at the Vik Coral Club in Playa Blanca and rent a car as some other posters have suggested.. we have an 18th month old boy who loves to play in the surf and sand so hopefully it will be warm enough to do this!

Leyland, United...
Destination Expert
for Playa Blanca
Level Contributor
32,306 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Lanzerote weather in March?

We were there last March and the weather was very changeable. We had a few days that were quite overcast for most of the time, we had some heavy showers but when the sun was out it was definitely bikini weather.

Looking back at the historical temperatures it was low to mid 20's.

wunderground.com/history/…

Lanzarote
Level Contributor
188 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Lanzerote weather in March?

I've got a weather report from March 2009 which also links to March 2008 if this helps:

lanzaroteinformation.com/content/march-weath…

Generally day time temperatures up to 26 degrees, expect some cloud, an odd shower and maybe a calima.

Lanzarote
3 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Lanzerote weather in March?

The weather in Lanzarote in March, especially towards the end will be warm and lovely. At least 25 degrees maybe more. Lanzarote is much further south than Greece, so you won't have rain issues then, and we've had a lovely warm winter. What kind of holiday are you looking for. If you need any further advice contact me via my site, pure hypen lanzarote. Hope this helps. By the way, it's carnival at the beginning of March, so really busy with Spanish. Come end of march and you'll be laughin on price and availability.

Edited: 10 January 2011, 09:54
Birmingham, United...
Level Contributor
8 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Lanzerote weather in March?

Thank you all. Mixed reviews! the optimistic part of me wants to go with the hot and sunny reviews and book!

I am really looking for a chill out beach type holiday, but with car hire to go and explore the island a bit too. My son is so happy just to play on the beach all day this is why the hot weather is so key.

I will have a gander at your weebsite Fiona, thans-you

Harrow, United...
Destination Expert
for York
Level Contributor
7,920 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Lanzerote weather in March?

Not sure where in the world you can guarantee the weather especially in March. The canaries have the best year round climate in Europe. If you travel long haul you still may not get the perfect weather you want. I know someone that spent xmas in orlando when temps were dipping to freezing overnight. Whatever the weather does or doesn't do in March it will certainly be pretty warm here.

West Sussex
Level Contributor
417 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Lanzerote weather in March?

I have been in March many times and have always come home with a great tan. Def bikini weather this time of year. I dont always monitor the temp but I guess its mid 20's and often higher during the middle of the day. Have had the odd overcast day, but still warm. I always take a fine knit cardi to put over sun dress or vest top and shorts for the evening as evenings sitting outside can get a little chilly. ( I mean later on in the evening. ) Hope this helps ?

We are booked to go March 31st, so wil be watching the forcast too !

Edited: 10 January 2011, 12:42
Altrincham
Level Contributor
64 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Lanzerote weather in March?

We went in March 2006 and the weather was superb for all 7 days, but in March there is always the chance of a shower. Dont be put off, go and enjoy.

Birmingham, United...
Level Contributor
8 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Lanzerote weather in March?

i know what you mean about dodgy weather richt71, i'd hate to splash out long haul and still have chilly temps!

feeling a lot more optimistic now, booking time!! thank-you all for your contributions, i know you don't have crystal balls but its nice to have some personal insight

x