We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Taxis to Puerto del Carmen

Wokingham, United...
Level Contributor
12 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Taxis to Puerto del Carmen

I am wondering if anyone has recently gone by taxi from Arrecife Airport to Puerto del Carmen, and can tell me how much it costs.I am due to go in June and have never been to Lanzarote before so would appreciate any tips or comments.

Thanking You

Daphne M

UK
Level Contributor
952 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Taxis to Puerto del Carmen

Around €15, it’s only a 10 min trip and will vary a little depending which end of PDC you’re at.

Alternatively you might want to think about putting your taxi money towards car hire. You can pick up and drop off at the airport and prices start at around €10 a day.

Ole

Wokingham, United...
Level Contributor
12 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Taxis to Puerto del Carmen

Hi Ole, many thanks for your quick reply and the info, will get a taxi I think as it is so cheap, looking forward to PDC as I usually go to Tenerife so will be a change, I am staying at the Diamond Club Maritima which is a timeshare,

Regards

Daphne.

Broxburn, scotland
7 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Taxis to Puerto del Carmen

Hi,

We have recently returned from the Diamond Club Maritima in Lanzarote.

The Taxi fare was 10 Euros and takes approx 10 minutes in the Taxi, there are lots of taxis outside the airport.

The resort was the worst RCI resort we have ever stayed at, we have travelled extensively in the Canaries through RCI.

The apartment is in need of complete refurbishment, they are in very poor condition (we have taken lots of pictures of the condition and would be pleases to forward them for your information). In addition to this the apartment was filthy, light switches for example were impregnated with dirt from many year of use. The bathroom was absolutely disgusting!!!

When we first arrived along with our limited welcome pack, we were given an alarm fob which we were informed to use at all times when leaving the apartment.

The Reception was very seldom open, the bar and restaurant were never open, in the week we visited.

Sun bed cushions have to be paid for as they are not free.

We could go on and on, if you want to see the pictures or require any further information please let us know.

In our opinion RCI should look at dropping this resort form their exchange system.

Tom & Valery

Fleet, United...
Level Contributor
10 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Taxis to Puerto del Carmen

Obviously bit late in the day to tell you how much taxi's cost, but just wanted to say hope you had a nice holiday as I'm sure that Tom & Valery's comments about Club Maritima would have put you off. We have just returned from a week there and I have to say that it was lovely. My feelings about the apartment are complete opposite to their's - it was clean well maintained, the staff were really nice and friendly, with the bar being open and always welcoming! I wouldnt hesitate to recommend this resort to anyone.

Thanks WhitwooHampshire

Wokingham, United...
Level Contributor
12 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Taxis to Puerto del Carmen

HI Whitwoohampsh,We had a splendid week at the club Maritima and yes Tom and Valery's comments did make us wonder what to expect, and like you can not think why they had all those bad things to say.

We found the apartment spotless and found the staff very helpful and friendly, you could order food any time and it was always good, nothing ever seemed too much trouble.

I did think of replying to Tom and Valery when I came home but decided to just ignore it, I did reply to someone on Trip Adviser who isn't going until the end of the year and had also read their comments and asked me to let her know what I thought.

I like you would not hesitate to recomend it to anyone.

Glad you had a good holiday.

Regards

Daphne

Doncaster
Level Contributor
2 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Taxis to Puerto del Carmen

Hi

Just wanted to comment on this post to reassure anyone who has searched for Diamond Club Maritima and found the previous comments off putting.

As a mixed age party of 8 we had 2 seperate apartments for 1 week arriving 31.12.2009 and found them both to be extremely clean, well equipped and of a decent size. I personally dont know what anyone else would want.....

We ate Breakfast in the bar every morning and enjoyed a couple of beers around the pool in an afternoon. Granted the bar/restaurant weren't open by the time we went out at 8.30 but this posed no problem for us. It is only a short walk down to the main road into PDC and taxi's are ten a penny once you get down there, with some FANTASTIC restaurants close by.

Should anyone have any further questions or wish to know anymore about this resort please feel free to private message me :-)

I would 100% recommend this resort to anyone.

Kind regards

Lisa

Edited: 25 January 2010, 20:59
Ireland
1 post
Save Reply
7. Re: Taxis to Puerto del Carmen

Hi, we have just today booked a week in Diamond Club Maritima and are disappointed at the reviews we see, although your review has reassured us somewhat. We are a group of 6 with 4 children aged from 10 to 16.

It seems that there are not many activities at the apartment block. Do you think that these apartments will be suitable for us?

Bucks
Level Contributor
11 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Taxis to Puerto del Carmen

I like to read peoples comments although a bad reveiw would certainly not put me off! We have been with RCI for 14 years and always have good accomodation. Is anyone going to this resort last two weeks of August with teenagers? We are taking 3 boys, 1=12, 2=16yrs.

Debbie S

Glasgow
Level Contributor
2 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Taxis to Puerto del Carmen

I get really annoyed when reading some reviews on here - I don't quite get what some people expect from a timeshare. I have stayed in RCI/RCI exchanges all over the world and thought the Diamond Club Maritima was great - we were in a 2 bed apartment. I travelled with my wife and 2 kids aged 2 and 16 weeks! we are in our 30s and were easily the youngest guests staying and LOVED it for the following reasons:

1. Great location - 3 mins walk to the main action even with a double buggy

2. Great pool

3. Tons of free loungers (cushions chargeable at 1.20 Euro a day or 6 Euros for a week but if you have a beach towel........)

4. Friendly welcome

5. No football strips or stereos

6. Nice little bar with daytime snacks and weekly bbq

7. Very comfortable beds and nicely equipped apartments

8. Supermarket with great pastres less than 100m

9. Very quiet despite being near the main strip

10. Brilliant running route outside for the fitness conscious!

Downsides:

There is not a great choice of tv channels or a dvd player for the kids but do you really need it? We took a portable for our toddler and used it twice.

In all honesty, if you are going to Club Maritima you will have a great and comfortable stay. As I have said on other reviews, if you want the 4 Seasons, then book that and pay the price, otherwise, travel confidently and kow that you will have a great time.

Negative posters, stop it - you do my head in!

northumberland...
Level Contributor
11 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Taxis to Puerto del Carmen

Well,

Mixed reviews here mmmmmm?

Im going there in August for a week.

Just wondered if anyone else from uk going there?

We will be at the resort 12th Aug to 19th Aug

I will write my review on my return and post some pics too.

regards

Kerry