We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Current fuel prices in Fuerteventura.

Chatham, Kent
Level Contributor
55 posts
157 reviews
Save Topic
Current fuel prices in Fuerteventura.

Hi, can anyone confirm the current price per litre for diesel and petrol. I'm looking into renting a car for our trip in March and I'm in the process of getting confirmation of how much I'll be charged for a full tank of fuel. ( I'm told that you have to take the car back empty. ) I'm trying to avoid getting ripped off by the hire company ( Goldcar ) Any help would be much appreciated.

Radcliffe, United...
Level Contributor
2,347 posts
178 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Current fuel prices in Fuerteventura.

if i was you i would log onto http://www.fuerteventura-forum.com/ its ideal forum site its for people who want ideas for fuerteventura lot of the posters live in fuerteventura so would be ideal for you to keep a eye on local fuel prices and any other questions you might have ,i also use the site as well for info on fuerteventura by the people who live there

scotland
Level Contributor
12,149 posts
233 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Current fuel prices in Fuerteventura.

GOLDCAR ........... €70 plus tax for a full tank of petrol,so I read elsewhere

Livingston, United...
Level Contributor
628 posts
122 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Current fuel prices in Fuerteventura.

book your car hire with payless/cicar they do not charge for a full tank of petrol you just make sure you have the same amount of fuel when you return.

Caleta de Fuste...
Destination Expert
for Caleta de Fuste, Fuerteventura
Level Contributor
5,903 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Current fuel prices in Fuerteventura.

95 is currently 101 cents a litre, and diesel is slightly cheaper.

So the Goldcar charge is a rip - off!!

scotland
Level Contributor
12,149 posts
233 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Current fuel prices in Fuerteventura.

I agree ,it is a Rip off ,and as above I'd look at another car hire company, here is a link to some of the car hires ,good and bad

tripadvisor.co.uk/…37277223

Liverpool
Level Contributor
32 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Current fuel prices in Fuerteventura.

Cancel it and book with Payless, Autoreisen or Pluscar

London, UK
Destination Expert
for Zakynthos
Level Contributor
2,118 posts
158 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Current fuel prices in Fuerteventura.

There have been some really bad reveiws of Gold Car. I can personally recommend Cabrera Medina and Payless - you pay for the fuel that is in the car when you collect it, if you return it with the same amount in, you get your fuel money back, they do not rip you off.

Halesowen
Level Contributor
1 post
13 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Current fuel prices in Fuerteventura.

Go with hertz you collect and return with a full tank

Leeds, United...
Level Contributor
1,996 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Current fuel prices in Fuerteventura.

Just returned from Fuertaventura. Booked with Cabrera Medina before we left. Collected car at the airport , no credit card details needed Full excess included. Not charged for petrol in car but just told to return with similar amount. well impressed and significantly cheaper than other companies(although it is part of Cicar but was cheaper than them on the web!)

10. Re: Current fuel prices in Fuerteventura.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 December 2013, 16:17