We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Weather in February????

Sleaford...
Level Contributor
38 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Weather in February????

Ive looked at climate statistics etc but wondered if anyone has been in feb and what we can expect with the weather. Am looking for a nice sunny warm beach hol so will we get this in fuerteventura in feb? Our travel agent said she wouldnt recommend fuert in feb but then she wasnt very helpful with anything. Also will evrything be open and can we expect it to be busy? Thanks

West Yorkshire...
Destination Expert
for Family Travel
Level Contributor
1,796 posts
160 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Weather in February????

Hi - we are going in February too so hopefully it will be fine.

We went to Lanzarote last year in the February half term hols and the weather was great. It was warm and sunny during the day. A little bit chilly on an eve once the sun had gone down, but nothing more than a sweatshirt/jacket was necessary.

It may be that we just got lucky - but i have been to the Canaries at various times of year, December, Feb, April and September and usually have had good weather.

Fuerteventura...
Level Contributor
837 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Weather in February????

Hi there, this is one of the most requested questions from holidaymakers.

For an overview of the general weather conditions to expect, please see this page www.leisurezone.es/fvweather.html

enjoy! :-)

Dublin Ireland
Level Contributor
1,454 posts
89 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Weather in February????

I went at the end of February a couple of years ago. It was warm and sunny each day. We were in shorts and t-shirts the whole time.

We ate outside each evening.

You should be fine. Enjoy it.

Sleaford...
Level Contributor
38 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Weather in February????

Thanks everyone. Were going 10th Feb, will it be warm enough to swim in the sea/pool etc? The whole idea is a sunny warm beach holiday. We have been told it will be VERY windy...is this so? Is fuert the best island at this time of year for sunchine&warmth? Also what is rainfall like in feb? I have read the stats kindly posted but hoping people will help me who have actually been in feb time! Thanks again, Lynsey x

Fuerteventura...
Level Contributor
837 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Weather in February????

I live in Fuerte and the weather can never be guaranteed, but generally the weather is like that shown on my page. Yes it can be windy, but if you find a sheltered spot or use one of the local hoyos - stone built wind shelters found on some of the beaches, or take a beach tent, you should be fine. The sea temperatures are warmer than unheated hotel pools at around 18-20 degrees, which is fine for a paddle or more if you are brave, but for general swimming heated pools are best.

PLEASE remember the sunscreen as you WILL burn!

www.leisurezone.es/fvweather.html

Edited: 27 December 2009, 21:29
Sleaford...
Level Contributor
38 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Weather in February????

Is it a cold wind? Its not so bad if its a warm wind. Ive looked on numerous fuerte sites and one said that in feb you can get a whole week of solid rain!! Is this true?

Fuerteventura...
Level Contributor
837 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Weather in February????

The weather is NEVER predictable, no matter where you go. The wind can feel quite cool and you will definitely need a cardigan/jacket for the evenings, but when the sun is out it can be extremely hot even in Feb and you are then grateful for the cooling wind. Dont be deceived however, the rays WILL burn, so please use plenty of sunscreen.

Dont worry about the rain which may or may not happen, just enjoy your holiday and embrace whatever weather you get. Even (god forbid) if you were to get rain, it will be warmer than the UK and normally it rains at night or up to lunchtime. It is unusual to get a whole day of rain, let alone a whole week.

Relax and enjoy!

8. Re: Weather in February????

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 June 2010, 06:16