We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Car Hire palma Airport????

Which Palma de Mallorca hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Belfast, United...
Level Contributor
231 posts
90 reviews
Save Topic
Car Hire palma Airport????

I am heading to Palma in October for 5 days and looking to rent a wee cheap car for the time there. Has anyone any recommendations of who to use and who not to use. Has anyone had any dealings with https://www.rentacarvanrell.com/

any help or advice would be great.

Cheers

Davie

Belfast, United...
Level Contributor
231 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Car Hire palma Airport????

what about hiper rental car.??? they seem quite good and well priced?

Manchester, United...
Destination Expert
for Pollenca, Port de Pollenca
Level Contributor
8,336 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Car Hire palma Airport????

Have a look at the other posting on this forum and read the horrendous stories about people using OK Car Hire; so make sure you avoid them.

Hiper are fine, used them several times though it's a short shuttle bus ride to their office just outside perimeter of airport.

Last year and two weeks ago I used Sixt. They are onsite and were brilliant and I will certainly use them again. Though with them you seem to need to book well in advance to get a good price (note - they include things in their base price that others often add on later; and Sixt's fuel policy is full to full, big saving to many people when compared with other so-call 'cheaper' suppliers)

London, United...
1 post
Save Reply
3. Re: Car Hire palma Airport????

If you going to hire a car in palma mallorca don't miss AUTOSCANO'S car rental,they are amazing there is no deposit or any extra charge and any headaches,you just meet them out of airport and it takes 2minutes ta get the car and when you leaving just put the car in car park and go away,don't need to see someone or any thing else.I've hired a car just yesterday and im very satisfied.

Belfast, United...
Level Contributor
231 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Car Hire palma Airport????

cheers folks, much appreciated.

London, United...
Level Contributor
958 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Car Hire palma Airport????

Just used Gold Car for a week. Full to empty fuel policy, charged 103 euros for the tank. I would imagine the other 'cheaper' firms do this as well but take this into account when booking. For convenience I would use an airport based firm.

MAIDENHEAD, UK
Destination Expert
for Barbados
Level Contributor
3,804 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Car Hire palma Airport????

Also used Goldcar booked in advance ...see my experience here:

tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowTopic-g187462-i124-k57…

I would also always use a airport based company - some horror stories about the time to collect car for those based off airport ..but equally some 'good' stories

If you do book locally once you are there - do check VERY carefully the condition on collection and the insurance for 'mystery' third party damage

Mike

Edited: 24 September 2012, 12:20
Tadworth, United...
Level Contributor
36 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Car Hire palma Airport????

we have just returned from a fab holiday in majorca. our experience with Hiper was not good, however, and would certainly not use them again. On arrival, their vans are parked way across the car park and we had difficulty in locating them. We waited approximately 15 minutes before the driver ushered us into the van during which time no one else arrived! On arrival at their depot, my husband did all the contract stuff and was told that due to our flight being at 09.30 the following week, we should drive to the airport, check in and then return the car to the depot, as they did not open until 08.00 and then we would be driven back to the airport in time for an 09.05 gate closure. Not at all satisfactory. After a number of phone calls, we were told to drive direct to Hiper for 07.45. If we wished to travel to the airport earlier than 08.00 we would have to pay an extra 30 euros. Certainly, if booking Hiper you could well have a problem if you have an early flight, since they do not officially open until 08.00 which seems ridiculous to me. Hope this helps. Certainly, I will double check this in the future.

MAIDENHEAD, UK
Destination Expert
for Barbados
Level Contributor
3,804 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Car Hire palma Airport????

The observations I would make about Vanrell are:

Higher cost than for some others

Their 'airport collection' is not with all the other 'on airport' companies - in the reserved ground floor area - it would appear you have to collect it from the normal car park and pay 10 Euros to get it out!!!

No T&Cs on their website that I can find - or statement of what is or is not covered by their insurance

I personally would not risk any company where I cannot look at their T&Cs or have the car checked before I take delivery

berlin
Level Contributor
7 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Car Hire palma Airport????

avoid 'OK Car rental'... they are running a scam... first they try and aggresively sell you insurance and if you decline they will charge you for smallest scratch... 180EUR is the going rate for minor scratch it seems... biggest rip off ever !

Don t book online via Atlas Option as it will be OK Car rental Cars!

Belfast, United...
Level Contributor
231 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Car Hire palma Airport????

think im gonna use HERTZ rental company as they are based in the airport and from what I can see on their site they do a FULL to FULL tank option when renting for less that 7 days and as im renting for 5 it looks like the best option for me.