We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Which hire car company

Which Palma de Mallorca hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
North Wales, United...
Level Contributor
41 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
Which hire car company

Hi

We will need to hire a car for a weeks holiday in September. I notice that there are a number of bad reviews on this forum, so not sure which firm to go with. Auto Euopre are very competitive and use Goldcar, Record and Europcar, but Goldcar seem to have the worst reviews. What are Record like?. We have used Europecar before and they were ok. We do not want to reply on a shuttle bus so looking for on airport deals. Grateful for any advice.

Camberley, United...
Level Contributor
174 posts
145 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Which hire car company

Twig,

I have used Record Go twice and plan to use them again next month. I have always found them to be professional and courteous and the cars in excellent condition. Where there have been complaints it generally seems to revolve around the issue of excess fuel charges, but if you accept the full/full policy I do not see where any problem arises.

Record, like most of the other major hire companies, store their cars in the car park immediately opposite arrivals and there is a fuel station within the airport complex.

doncaster
Level Contributor
434 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Which hire car company

record, like most have a full/empty fuel policy if4 days or over..we used budjet who were very good on price so i didnt mind paying for full tank of fuel(used the full tank anyway)if you do use this company bear in mind they are part of europcar of which you go to there office in the car park..oh and i got a free upgrade without asking (fuel is about 80-90euros

3 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Which hire car company

I used hiper last oktober. They were ok. Not wery cheap they had the full/full policy an were 5min away with shuttle bus I'd pars 22€for drop off my car at the airport outsise opening hours.

I'm going back this October and have decided to go for a company based in the airport.

After reading all reviews about car hire business in Palma I defenitly won't use record or goldcar.

Now I can't decide if I'm going for sixt or hertz.

I have a 10%discount at hertz but have read in a review about som hidden fees.

I read the offer from hertz an didn't find any extra fees and there were no extra insurance options just all incl.

On the other hand I have sixt. They are abut £25 over hertz on a 8 day hire.

They are cheaper than Avis,budget and europcar.

And everyone here seems to love them.

So Sixt or Hertz should be safe???

Edited: 13 August 2012, 21:34
Liverpool, United...
5 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Which hire car company

Has anyone used Budget?

Just found a hire with full/full fuel policy that seems a lot cheaper than any of the others that do this. Are they a broker, or a car hire company in their own right? Any advice?!

Liverpool, United...
5 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Which hire car company

Has anyone used Budget?

Just found a hire with full/full fuel policy that seems a lot cheaper than any of the others that do this. Are they a broker, or a car hire company in their own right? Any advice?!

doncaster
Level Contributor
434 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Which hire car company

hi nick,we went with budjet in june,good company new cars,no problems.they are the actual hire company not a broker..dont forget go straight outside to the car hire car park,and there desk is in the europcar office,there was nothing on our documentation telling us this and there are no signs until you walk in the door,very unhelpful,but barring that they were great(free upgrades if there not to busy just ask)cheers paul

3 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Which hire car company

Sixt offer 25% on early bookings in spain from their uk website.

Just booked an Peugeot 308(or similar) for 8 days in oktober £138.67 including Insurance Excess: € 0.00 an full/full fuel polycy.

Sixt seems to get the best reviews in here so i'm looking forward for a great rental experience.

Edited: 17 August 2012, 18:41
doncaster
Level Contributor
434 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Which hire car company

sounds like you got a good deal there mate,well done,ill keep them in mind for the future

wirral
Level Contributor
18,927 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Which hire car company

Now that you have booked with Sixt ( now they are my #1 choice at PMI) be sure to take advantage of their online advance Check-In.See their website and do this well before scheduled travel date.That means on arrival at PMI instead of going to their bureau in the terminal building you go straight to their garage where your car will be waiting.A small office at the garage where your credentials are checked but no queueing.

It does take some time at home in front of your PC keying in all the data for registration but much better to do that in the comfort of your own home with a glass or a cup at hand than in the terminal building.You won't regret booking with Sixt.The only possible complaint anybody could have is on price.Typical German efficiency.

3 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Which hire car company

Just remember to click the 25%offer on sixt.co.uk homepage in your computer browser.

It will take you to a new site .

Sixt's mobile site won't due no 25% here.

Get answers to your questions about Palma de Mallorca