We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

doyouspain

doncaster
Level Contributor
445 posts
28 reviews
Save Topic
doyouspain

people booking with doyouspain,need to be aware of a couplke of things.when they advertise the prices in euros they also in brackets the prive in pounds,these are way off the mark.for example the car i wanted was 348 euros in brackets was £268 which is nowhere near right,its more like £300.i think alot of people would see the price in pounds 1st and be misled.also the car i wanted on the 1st page was with NO EXCESS after i booked the car and printed off my voucher and checked the terms it stated the car was subjected to a 600-900 excess,both these points applied to all there cars

wirral
Level Contributor
18,927 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: doyouspain

Good tip, thank you for posting it.There have been long trails on this forum about DoYouSpain a broker who are near the top of the first page of responses when typing eg "Cheap car hire in Majorca" in a search engine. I won't repeat the problems encountered with DoYouSpain (and OK Car Hire) by posters on here but suffice to say that "cheap" comes with hassle and that hassle sometimes works out "expensive".

By all means use a broker,some are better than others.Me? I have used Holiday Autos in the past over many years and very seldom had a cause for complaint.Also with them you know what the excess situation is and the cost of the various excess waivers available to choose from before you pay and therefore before you print your voucher.Also you can usually opt for full/full or full/empty fuel policy.However, and I think this is a weakness of Holiday Autos,you don't know the supplier until you print the voucher post-payment.

They have placed me with Record and Goldcar in the past.As I don't wish to use either of those suppliers-for different reasons-I just e mailed HA and asked to be placed with an alternative supplier.Done no probs.

doncaster
Level Contributor
445 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: doyouspain

i still booked with them,but on the good side you can choose the fuel policy you prefer,i prefer the full full option,and it lists car with avis,ill purchase the excess cover in the uk £2 a day,and ill convert the euros myself,job sorted.as i said when hiring just be aware of certain companys ways to attract custom.i like to think of scouse and myself as guardian angels,doing our bit as with many people on tripadvisor to offer good advice and tips,keeo up the good work one n all

North...
Level Contributor
488 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: doyouspain

To be fair to Do You Spain they do give you the option to filter out the companies that you dont want to hire cars from.It also gives you full/full/

etc option filter.I have used this and reserved a small car with them using Avis full/full at a very reasonable price in mid June.You dont pay until pick up, and can cancel for free no hassle.Just use the filters and compare wisely.

doncaster
Level Contributor
445 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: doyouspain

Sorry I did think that's what I had already said

Edited: 27 February 2013, 18:31
cork ireland
Level Contributor
655 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: doyouspain

Have to say I wouldn't have booked with DYS until all this hassle, following their appearance on TA and the scrutinising they have got, they may well now be worth a try, I'm giving them a go anyway for may.

Perhaps this was always their maketing ploy.

wirral
Level Contributor
18,927 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: doyouspain

I was thinking you may be right oscars especially after the informative OP from akkerdoncaster. I was inclined to get a quote from DYS for my 8 days hire at PMI in April.

Until now I had decided to go with SIxt for a VW Polo for £198 including full/full and excess waiver. Holiday Autos quoted me £179 during their 24hr sale.

But I am so confident of Sixt after 2 recent hires from them it is worth it to me to pay £19 extra for their super-efficient, online Advanced Check-in vehicle collection service that enables you to by-pass their bureau in the terminal and proceed straight to their garage on the ground floor of the multi-storey car park at PMI.All the more important as we arrive at 20.30hrs.

Anyway back to oscars point.I decided to check out the 20 most recent customer reviews of DoYouSpain on the Travel/Car Hire pages of www.reviewcentre.com. Suffice to say I won't be asking them for a quote.

Aberdeen (Scotland)
Level Contributor
2,999 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: doyouspain

My experience of DYS was not good. I had used them primarily as I was looking for an estate car due to the fact there were 4 of us and 4 large cases. On booking I received a voucher for Auriga Crown. Then I arrived th the Auriga Crown desk in Palma I was told they did not have an estate car only a hatchback. Auriiga Crown told me they had never been asked to supply an estate car and I should take it up with DYS. Also the terms and conditions I had agreed to with DYS were different from the hire contract I signed with AC.

I wouldn't use DYS again as you have no idea what you will be faced with once you are at the hire desk.

doncaster
Level Contributor
445 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: doyouspain

im only useing dys as a stepping stone to getting a deal with avis(its cheaper then booking diract) its on a full full fuel policy.the excess cover,as ive said ill buy from the uk at £2 a day.dont know about anyone else but after trawling the terms of all the hire companys,but im ready for a holiday

Guildford, United...
1 post
Save Reply
9. Re: doyouspain

Warning - if anything goes wrong - dont expect your money back with do you spain! Be aware that do you spain is only an agent. I booked a car with them and due to a family problem back home, had to return the car early and asked for a refund from the car operator for the days not used. They informed me I had to refer back to do you spain. I emailed them via the website form and never received even an acknowledgement never mind a response. I then tried to call them regarding the telephone contact number on the website which is a premium number and has a answering messaging system in spanish only. If you request for an english operator, the telephone immediately disconnects you. To date I am still waiting for a reply never mind a refund...

London, United...
1 post
Save Reply
10. Re: doyouspain

This company is out to use all the scams in the car hire business.

They don't tell you before booking that if you rent for more than 4 days you have a Full Up Front Option imposed with no option at a charge of €111.27!

They also gave a price and voucher for collection from Malaga and drop off in Gibraltar with no drop off fee. On picking up the car from Avis, a €59.29 drop off fee imposed.

So a €150.15 quote is now €320.71, and there's nothing you can do about it.

Do not trust 'Clair'.