We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Passport Expiry and Spanish Rules

Worthing, West...
1 post
Save Topic
Passport Expiry and Spanish Rules

My daughter's uk passport expires on 11th September and she is travelling to majorca on 11th July, will the authorities allow her to travel if there is only two months left on the passport?

Torrox Costa, Spain
Destination Expert
for Torrox
Level Contributor
6,072 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Passport Expiry and Spanish Rules

She will have no problem at all

Leeds, United...
Level Contributor
166 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Passport Expiry and Spanish Rules

You have to check with the airline to, as I know they all have different rules, some are fine and some like you to have 3 months ect left on them :)

If you can afford it get it done now I've just done my kids -passports 2 weeks ago and the were back within 3 weeks.

england
Level Contributor
1,207 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Passport Expiry and Spanish Rules

hi as a general rule the advice is that you should have 6 months left,but this can vary so check your airline and the country you are going to.good luck.

Palma de Mallorca...
Level Contributor
3,460 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Passport Expiry and Spanish Rules

If you're flying Ryan Air, better check with them re their policy on this. They like to bump people off flights who don't >exactly< conform to their interpretation of the rules, and they won't necessarily tell you before you leave.

birmingham,uk
Level Contributor
878 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Passport Expiry and Spanish Rules

You won't have a problem. It's Spain and within the EU.

Ryanair No problem either, my sons went with them and had 1 day left as they came back, the passport control made a laughing comment as they went through.

6. Re: Passport Expiry and Spanish Rules

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 03 July 2013, 23:53
Palma de Mallorca...
Level Contributor
3,460 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Passport Expiry and Spanish Rules

Well, if Ryan Air bumps you, you can always just go to the EasyJet desk. They won't even ask. Just buy a ticket and go.

Hampshire England
Level Contributor
5,559 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Passport Expiry and Spanish Rules

2 months shouldn't be a problem... but one day left! Yikes! What with volcanic ash clouds and unforeseen delays etc I think that's cutting it a bit fine lol

wirral
Level Contributor
18,927 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Passport Expiry and Spanish Rules

I have been flying to airports in Spain for over 30 years.In that time I can't remember seeing anybody check the expiry date of my passport.For Spain as long as your passport is valid for the duration of your stay that is OK.With compulsory API if the airline wanted to reject a prospective passenger they would have sufficient prior notice to do so (API includes Passport Expiry Date- I think).

Chesterfield...
Level Contributor
7 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Passport Expiry and Spanish Rules

my sons passport expires in july this year, will he be able to travel in may.