We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

alpharooms.com

ireland
10 posts
Save Topic
alpharooms.com

Was considering booking 10 days in Marina Portals Hotel in Portals Nous, Majorca, family room for 4. Found alpharooms nearly 500 euro cheaper than booking with hotel direct. Tried to get hotel to match or come close to alpharooms but they would not. Have read various reviews on alpharooms from their brillant to their rubbish and you may lose your money.Has anyone used them lately ?Also any comments on hotel would be welcome

Bury, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
3 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: alpharooms.com

I have only tried to use alpharooms once and it was a complete failure.

I booked a hotel a few months in advance of departure via their website and received an e-mail confirmation of the booking/reservation.

A couple months later (and three weeks from departure) while looking over my credit card statement I noticed that no payment had ever been taken from my credit card.

I checked on the alpharooms website under "my account" and there was no record of my booking. I tried to telephone them but got a recorded message telling me to e-mail and then got cut off.

Two e-mails went unanswered by alpharooms... and to date well after the trip still haven't been.

I contacted the hotel directly and they confirmed no booking had been made in my name.

I decided to bin alpharooms and made a booking directly with the hotel.

It's lucky I noticed and checked or alpharooms would have left me arriving at a hotel on the otherside of the world with no reservation.

Cowboys who do not provide the service offered!

ireland
10 posts
Save Reply
12. Re: alpharooms.com

Money has been taken and as i have said got hotel voucher so things look ok. From what im hearing it seems that if any problem arises they are not geared to handle it, not very reassuring. Anyway as i said will contact hotel direct to check booking nearer the time

Liverpool, U.K.
Level Contributor
66 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: alpharooms.com

Can't comment on the hotel, but can certainly comment on Alpharooms. We went through them in March for a holiday to Spain, The first and last time I will use them. A name on the booking was wrong, they said they would sort it for days then booked the flights in the incorrect names, cost a small fortune to sort out.

Then, when we got to our hotel, Alpharooms had booked us into inferior rooms to those stated on the booking (no views). Complained to no avail, they ignore emails and letters. Their customer service line has a very long wait and is costly to call.

All the good reviews of them seem to be where they have got the booking right and people have had no cause to complain. Just pray you don't have any issues!

ireland
10 posts
Save Reply
14. Re: alpharooms.com

Got back last friday, no problems. It seems as i already said that if something goes wrong they cant sort it. Spoke to a couple who had booked taxi as well and it was 45 minutes late and cost more than my taxi which i just got at airport. Would suggest safest way is just book hotel with them and do flights direct with airline and sort taxi when you get there.

Taunton, United...
Level Contributor
2 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: alpharooms.com

PLEASE DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY!! DISCOUNTED PRICES ARE FAR OUTWEIGHED BY ZERO SERVICE IF ANYTHING GOES WRONG!

My daughter and her partner arrived at their hotel in Majorca - organised by Alpha rooms - at nearly midnight, to be informed that no rooms were available despite the fact that the payment had been made several weeks earlier, and that I had e mailed the hotel to verify this.

My several frantic e mails over the next 48 hours to Alpha rooms (on their 'Support Line' - what a joke...) went unanswered, and my phone call (minimum waiting time in the queue was twenty minutes, even at 8.00, the office's opening time,) produced a firm promise from their representative to investigate and phone back with the outcome. Nothing materialised.

I realise in retrospect that we should have checked the reliability of this company beforehand, but were seduced by their price offer, the cheapest available.

THESE PEOPLE ARE COWBOYS! WHY ARE THEY ALLOWED TO CONTINUE TRADING?

ireland
10 posts
Save Reply
16. Re: alpharooms.com

How did your family get sorted or did they.Would make me very wary the next time.

Limerick, Ireland
Level Contributor
1 post
16 reviews
Save Reply
17. Re: alpharooms.com

well now I realise I am not alone in thinking your company is ripping people off. Will never use your company again. Dirty horrible villa, cleaned once in two weeks, crawling with ants even over the bed. No kitchen utensils, filthy showers even wore my flip flops when showering, pool turned yellow so kids could not use it. Total rip off. Worst of all was the response by alpharooms and their staff. Waited 6 weeks to be told there is nothing they can do and it is not their fault my villa with dirty. Well I disagree and feel they should have some responsibilty for the accommodation they are charging people for. Never even had a phone call from them, all communication with this company is through cyber space, not real people from what I saw. My villa was in cinca casita, matagorda, lanzarote. Will never use them again and would advise others to do the same.

Manchester, United...
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
18. Re: alpharooms.com

We booked 2 rooms this Summer via Alpha Rooms. Customer services (on a premium rate number) keeps you on hold for 30 minutes (no exaggeration) and poor. FINALLY after voicing concerns to Alpha Rooms that I did not think that they had booked our rooms we had paid for (because I had contacted the hotel directly and they had no record of our booking AND mentioned this to Alpha Rooms customer services twice before we left Britain, who said everything was OK) we arrived at our destination at 4am as a family to confirm our worst fears that Alpha Rooms had in fact not booked our rooms and the hotel owner had no record of it and they were full !. We had to scratch around the town as a family to find another hotel after travelling for 5 hours and arriving at the resort at 4am!! AWFUL.

ireland
10 posts
Save Reply
19. Re: alpharooms.com

could not imagine anything worse to arrive in a strange country middle of night to find that..Did you have your accomadation voucher from alpharooms to show hotel? and did you get sorted later. Was thinking about next summer already and checked out alpharooms again but this is making me think again

20. Re: alpharooms.com

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 May 2011, 05:16