We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Nightlife in Zaragoza

Southampton, United...
Level Contributor
403 posts
100 reviews
Nightlife in Zaragoza

I am coming to Zaragoza with some friends in March for a long weekend Friday till Monday... we are in our late 40's, and are looking for some authentic Spainish bars, with a bit of local atmosphere, cheap beer, and an easy going atmosphere... we are not looking for the loud disco bars, but wouldn't mind some local music.. or indeed any type of other music, even indie or punk music :)... but not the loud disco bars...

We are staying in a hotel in the historic district, opposite the El Picadillo bar, which is opposite the church of Santa Isabel de Portugal. Which areas/bars would be the best places for us to explore in the daytime, and also in the evening..

This question has not been asked for the past couple years, and as places change I would like an update...

Thanks in advance Dave

Southampton, United...
Level Contributor
403 posts
100 reviews
1. Re: Nightlife in Zaragoza

We are also hoping to see a Zaragoza game whilst we are there... so what price are the tickets, and what is the opening times at the ticket office at the stadium, or can we buy tickets in the town center.

Thanks again.

Dave

London, United...
Level Contributor
26 posts
23 reviews
2. Re: Nightlife in Zaragoza

I have not lived in Zaragoza for a while but I would say Casco Viejo is the most typical place for night life, although probably is about loud music. Anyway spanish night life starts quite late, so if you go to any pub that at midnight is with loud music, probably before is more quiet. Usually in a Spain, a bar is a normal bar, a place where you can have a drink, usually a fast drink and the most sophisticated ones are called pubs, where you can sit down in a nice place.

For tapas, go to el Tubo, places like Casa Pascualillo, Taberna Dona Casta. One of the streets of El Tubo is Calle Libertad behind Plaza de Espana. Another famous place for tapas is Vitorinos and Plaza Santa Marta. Zaragoza is not a very touristic places, so you will have the feeling of a Spanish place anywhere you go. Two typical places near El Paseo de la Independencia are La Mejillonera and Calamar Bravo. They are not haute cuisine but they are very typical and you will the feeling of traditional Spain, at least Zaragoza.

For sights, La Plaza del Pilar or Plaza de las catedrales is a good starting point, visit El Pilar, La catedral de la Seo, La aljaferia. The new waterfront, former expo sites. Paseo de la independencia is main comercial street and the surroundings. Calle Alfonso is also quite commercial and it joins Plaza Espana to Plaza del Pilar and Paseo de la Independencia.

I hope it helps.

Southampton, United...
Level Contributor
403 posts
100 reviews
3. Re: Nightlife in Zaragoza

Excellent.. thank you so much.. its very difficult to find very much information on Zaragoza...

London, United...
Level Contributor
26 posts
23 reviews
4. Re: Nightlife in Zaragoza

No problem.

Madrid, Spain
Level Contributor
8,308 posts
1 review
5. Re: Nightlife in Zaragoza

My rec is 'Mombasa Café' at Cuatro de Agosto St. (central location). British colonial decor. Beware of rhino.

Southampton, United...
Level Contributor
403 posts
100 reviews
6. Re: Nightlife in Zaragoza

Thank you for the recommendations... we tried the bars/tapas around el tubo, and went in the mobassa cafe twice, along with lots and lots of other bars.. We got used to eating tapas rather than eating a big main meal.. it was much better.

As you say the clubs/disco bars did not open until midnight, and they all closed at around 5.30. We tried to find another bar at the time, but could not find one. Mind you the atmosphere was excellent... no british tourists around except for us which was great, everyone spoke spainish, so we had to try our spainish out, or point.. our hotel was right in the middle of the nightlife and was a very good hotel... I had a look in the little church next to our hotel which was stunning...

The Pilar bracilica is very impressive, and is free to get in... the old town is lovely with all the small streets.

Three of our crowd went to the see zaragoza play football and paid around 50 uk pounds for a ticket. Tickets can be bought from the stadium, about a 20/25 min walk from the centre.

We all thought zaragoza was a lovely place..

Southampton, United...
Level Contributor
403 posts
100 reviews
7. Re: Nightlife in Zaragoza

By the way it costs 1 euro 60 to get the bus from the airport to the center. it takes about 30 mins.

We then had a 20 minute walk to the old center.

8. Re: Nightlife in Zaragoza

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 October 2012, 03:17