We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Help please..

Porto Alegre, RS
Level Contributor
20 posts
Save Topic
Help please..

Hey everyone...

I'm planning a trip to: Madrid, Zaragoza, Barcelona and Paris.

I'll have 21 nights how many should I spend in each city?

thanks a lot.

Mentioned in this post
Madrid
Madrid
Community of Madrid, Spain
Zaragoza
Zaragoza
Province of Zaragoza, Spain
Barcelona
Barcelona
Province of Barcelona, Spain
Paris
Paris
Ile-de-France, France
Galway, Ireland
1 post
Save Reply
1. Re: Help please..

I Have been to botyh cities at different times & I have son in Zarasoga, and the best way to get there is too fly from Madrid, if you are coning from Baracelona I think you take the AVE high speed train which takes 1.5 hrs and cost 44 euro from Barcelona,there is loonger and cheaper options slower train which takes 4 hours ,17 euro but you still have to get a taxi from the airport which cost another 25 euro. Ryanair & spainair flies into zarasoga from a lot of cities in spain so you might check this airline out, By all accounts Zaragosa is a wonderful non tourist place to visit. Barcelona is wonderful too but be careful with the pickpockets , & Madrid is huge with loads too do...21 nights is a long time to be there for so when you are in barcelona you could take a train for a day down athe coast as it is quite cheap to travel in spain, you will find airtravel is quiet reasonable too.

Edited: 22 November 2010, 18:31
Mentioned in this post
Madrid
Madrid
Barcelona
Barcelona
Barcelona, Spain
Level Contributor
9,242 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Help please..

Hi, I was living in Zaragoza for many years, then in Madrid, now in Barcelona and I visited Paris many times... and I think I tried all possible means of transport between these cities :)

Zaragoza is just between Madrid and Barcelona and well connected with the two with fast AVE trains. Flying may work cheaper but train is a lot faster (door to door) and more comfortable. If budget is an issue, you can do it by bus (www.alsa.com) and actually takes just a bit more time than flying.

From Barcelona to Paris usually flying is the best option.

How many days on each really depends on your tastes and interests. What "I" would suggest (and please keep in ming I'm biased for my own tastes) is

- 5-6 nighs in Madrid (daytrips to Segovia, Toledo)

- 2-3 nights in Zaragoza

- 6-7 nights in Barcelona (daytrips to Tarragona and Girona, or Montserrat, wineries at Penedes....etc)

- 6-7 nights in Paris

Happy travels!

Mentioned in this post
Zaragoza
Zaragoza
Madrid
Madrid
Barcelona
Barcelona
Paris
Paris
Ile-de-France, France
Segovia
Segovia
Province of Segovia, Spain
Toledo
Toledo
Province of Toledo, Spain
Tarragona
Tarragona
Costa Dorada, Spain
Girona
Girona
Province of Girona, Spain
Montserrat
Montserrat
Manchester
Level Contributor
153 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Help please..

Paris is a wonderful city. At least 3 nights to see the sights plus catch the train to Versailles. For your stay in Barcelona, in addition to previous comments, I would also recommend staying on the train past Girona and visit the Salvador Dalí museum in Figueres. Stop off at Girona on the way back. Sights in Zaragoza are very close together. Personally, 2 nights max. Lots of day trips from Madrid. In addition to Segovia and Toledo would also suggest Aranjuez and El Escorial (+ Valle de los Caídos). Madrid itself is a fantastis city with plenty to see. Most nights should be spent here. With the high speed AVE (book a few weeks in advance on renfe.com for discounted fares) it's also possible to do day trips to Córdoba and Seville. I would highly recommend staying at least two nights in Seville, you won't regret it.

Mentioned in this post
Paris
Paris
Ile-de-France, France
Versailles
Versailles
Yvelines, France
Barcelona
Barcelona
Girona
Girona
Province of Girona, Spain
Zaragoza
Zaragoza
Madrid
Madrid
Segovia
Segovia
Province of Segovia, Spain
Toledo
Toledo
Province of Toledo, Spain
Aranjuez
Aranjuez
Seville
Seville
Province of Seville, Spain
Barcelona, Spain
Destination Expert
for Barcelona, Berlin
Level Contributor
21,601 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Help please..

This depends on your interests to some extent: Madrid's art museums (and other national museums) are fantastic but if you're not so keen on art then not so many days needed. For other sights in Madrid itself I'd say 2 days was enough plus days for side-trips. also agree with 2 days in Zaragoza.

Madrid has no medieval treasures so if that period interests you allow more time in Barcelona and Paris, if art nouveau/modernisme interests you, also more time in those two.

I originally suggested Zaragoza when you were dropping Andalucia from an itinerary that included Italy. with the current one you could reconsider putting in Andalucia again and flying from there to Barcelona (and dropping Zaragoza).

Mentioned in this post
Madrid
Madrid
Zaragoza
Zaragoza
Barcelona
Barcelona
Paris
Paris
Ile-de-France, France
Italy
Italy
Europe
5. Re: Help please..

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 June 2011, 05:17