We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Pilar festival 2010

Salem, Virginia
Level Contributor
126 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Pilar festival 2010

I understand that the Pilar festival lasts for nine days. Does anyone know what the dates will be for this year? Is there a website that lists some of the activities that will be held, and on what days? Thank you.

Malaga, Spain
Destination Expert
for Malaga, Andalucia, Madrid, Zaragoza, Valencia, Seville
Level Contributor
61,674 posts
3,656 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Pilar festival 2010

Oct. 12 and 13 are the important dates:

spain.info/vive/…

spanish-fiestas.com/zaragoza/pilar-festival.…

Salem, Virginia
Level Contributor
126 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Pilar festival 2010

Thank you for the information. We arrive in Zaragoza on Oct. 16th, so it looks like we will miss the festivities.

One more question. Which hotel would you recommend: The hotel Alfonso, which will be opening on Sept. 1, where we have a rate quoted of 90 euros, breakfast and vat included, the Melia,rate of 74 euros per night, vat included, or the Palofox, rate of 84 euros, vat included. Which of these has the best location and value ?

Zaragoza, Spain
Level Contributor
19 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Pilar festival 2010

I would go with the Palafox. The location is great, right in the center and I think a 5 start hotel if I remember correctly.

Zaragoza, Spain
Level Contributor
1 post
13 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Pilar festival 2010

Hi, I actually live in Zaragoza and would suggest the IBIS at around 69€ a night for a double room. It doesn't include breakfast so why not do what we all do here and pop out for a coffee and churros or croissant in one of the many nearby cafes? The hotel is located right on the old Puente de Piedra and is just a few minutes from all the action. By the way you will not miss out as the weekend you come is hectic with things to do and see with a massive firework display best seen from the bridge on Sunday night.

Zaragoza, Spain
3 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Pilar festival 2010

It will be from 8 th to 17 th October.

Regards

Zaragoza, Spain
3 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Pilar festival 2010

It takes place from 8 th to 17th October.

Zaragoza, Spain
3 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Pilar festival 2010

It will be from 8 th to 17 th October.

Regards

Silver Spring, MD
Level Contributor
212 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Pilar festival 2010

Do you know what events happen on what day? We will arrive the evening of the 10th and leave mid day on the 13th. Is there anything we need to buy tickets for or wait in line to be sure to see?

9. Re: Pilar festival 2010

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 April 2011, 05:15
Get answers to your questions about Zaragoza