We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Taxi Rank in Torremolinos

Ireland
Level Contributor
14 posts
19 reviews
Save Topic
Taxi Rank in Torremolinos

We normally get the train from Malaga to torremolinos and get a taxi on the street behind Burger King, is the taxi rank still there?, I read that there has been some changes to plaza costa del sol and I am wondering if the bus stop and taxi rank has moved? We stay in Carihuela.

Torremolinos, Spain
Destination Expert
for Torremolinos
Level Contributor
14,731 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Taxi Rank in Torremolinos

That will have been moved, but there is still the large taxi rank just across Plaza Nogalera.

Ian
Leeds U.K.
Destination Expert
for Costa del Sol
Level Contributor
12,088 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Taxi Rank in Torremolinos

Just walk straight forward as you exit the train station, there is as NSG states a taxi rank on the corner of Calle Danza Invisible.

On another thread I raised the the question of the bus stops and again NSG has covered tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowTopic-g187440-i353-k90…

Torremolinos, Spain
Destination Expert
for Torremolinos
Level Contributor
5,310 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Taxi Rank in Torremolinos

All residents have been given a map of the new arrangements and I suspect that if you go to the Tourist office you will be able to get one but from what I saw yesterday evening there are police around to help and new directions clearly marked.

Ian
Leeds U.K.
Destination Expert
for Costa del Sol
Level Contributor
12,088 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Taxi Rank in Torremolinos

Any chance of a map being put up to show especially the position of new bus stops and routes, Looks as if 110 from Malaga will miss the bus station, but other routes will still use.

Will have to find a new route from the airport by road, any maps showing one way systems etc, would be wonderful.

Torremolinos, Spain
Destination Expert
for Torremolinos
Level Contributor
5,310 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Taxi Rank in Torremolinos

this may help.

torremolinos.es/2015/…

from this Friday 500 free parking spaces will be available in Torremolinos. 400 of them in the car park at the Pablo Picasso Cultural Centre.

It has really annoyed me for years seeing this empty in the evenings and people parking over zebra crossings or ramps for chairs so another improvement from our lovely new council.

Torremolinos, Spain
Destination Expert
for Torremolinos
Level Contributor
14,731 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Taxi Rank in Torremolinos

There is a significant drop in the amount of unnecessary traffic in the centre already, as people actually use the by-pass.

I know many of my friends were guilty of cutting through the centre, everyone seems to have decided to stop.

Despite a lot of noise from workmen this morning assembling lights, Christmas Market, bus stops etc. you could already feel a whole new vibe.

Manzana quite right about the wasted parking spaces too, better they're used surely?

One or two things seem to be being moved a bit more than on the original map, I'll let you know Ian once they've finished which will probably be early next week.

There is a new larger taxi rank at the bottom of Manantiales for people heading that way. The taxi-rank by Plaza Nog is being moved up a bit to be nearer the station. The main 'Torremolinos Centro' bus stands now have their own lane just opposite where Isobel Manoja is. New lights, crossings and single-file traffic make it all much easier.

Ian
Leeds U.K.
Destination Expert
for Costa del Sol
Level Contributor
12,088 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Taxi Rank in Torremolinos

Thanks for the map, manzana, really useful.

All the changes look great, it will really join up the centre of Torremolinos as I always thought the main road stopped a lot of people exploreing the north of the city.

Will be great for bar like casa flores, Bar jerez and La Chacha etc who can now I assume have tables on the footpath. I will no longer have to worry about the narrow footpath as we stagger out of Rest. Galego Antoxo, presume they may also be able to put tables outside, great for the smokers, who had to stand on the narrow footpath.

Cant wait to get back to see the changes, this area was crying out for an uplift, hope this the start of the centre returning to its glories of 40 years ago.

Torremolinos, Spain
Destination Expert
for Torremolinos
Level Contributor
14,731 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Taxi Rank in Torremolinos

Yesterday Galego Antoxo had their road-facing windows and doors open all day for the first time in over thirty years!

Ian
Leeds U.K.
Destination Expert
for Costa del Sol
Level Contributor
12,088 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Taxi Rank in Torremolinos

Fabulous, as the song says "what a difference a day makes", makes me really excited about our next trip, never thought I would see the local authority making such a bold move.

Reminds me of the early 80's when the motorway opened and we all moved our tables at the old Waikiki bar in Los Porches to the road side, Kevin the owner could not believe the road could turn from nearly a car park to one or two cars an hour in a day. Unfortunately 35 years on traffic back to pre 80's levels.

Torremolinos, Spain
Destination Expert
for Torremolinos
Level Contributor
5,310 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Taxi Rank in Torremolinos

Walked past today. There is a big ice rink being laid. For those who saw the tent in La Nogalera during recent festivities it is the same tent and appears to be all rink.

The flower beds are looking very attractive and there are Christmas market stalls already open. There are several bars and food outlets too. Obviously it is the old road surface but I am sure they will be doing something about that after New Year..

This year the News Years Eve festivities will be in Nogalera Square which is really very much more sensible than before when it was held by the Town hall.

People I have spoken to seem confident the right decision was made at the last elections and a change was long overdue.

I never much fancied New Year's Eve in Torremolinos in the past but this one may be good.