We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Alcoholic Drinks

Lincolnshire...
6 posts
1 review
Alcoholic Drinks

Staying at Macronfort Gregio in sept. Just wondered what sort of prices the drinks are out and about in the town as we’ve never been before. Glass of wine, spirits or just a beer.

Also is eating out reasonable prices? ( I know that’s a very subjective question!) Thinking of Tapas.

Thanks

10 replies to this topic
Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
503 posts
71 reviews
1. Re: Alcoholic Drinks

Hi Hannah,

I'm surprised nobody has answered you yet - perhaps all are too drunk!

Alcohol prices are much lower than UK but can vary a lot, a glass of wine €1 to €3, spirits from €2 to €4 for much larger measures than UK. Beer from €1 per pint up to €4 or more in hotels, expect €2.50 in bars, but you could be lucky.

Eating in restaurants from around €10 for a Menu del dia offering (3 course meal), again varies a lot and could be cheaper offers in some bars.

You won't be hungry or thirsty, enjoy the holiday.

Ian
Leeds U.K.
Destination Expert
for Costa del Sol
Level Contributor
12,180 posts
45 reviews
2. Re: Alcoholic Drinks

Your right in the centre, so tapas is served in virtually every bar at what seems crazy prices.

For a beer and tapas expect to pay around 1.25 maximum, mostly a lot cheaper. We only drink wine and ask for a rioja, which is usually with tapas around 1.50. all tapas bars will show you the house wines, I would certainly check as some can be awful.

If you arrive at the railway station its a good starting point at lunch time or night. AS you exit the station to your right is Bodeguita Museo, well worth a visit, yards away on san Miguel is Bar La Bodega, this was highlighted two weeks ago in the repeat of the hairy Bikers series, worth having a look, the upstairs restaurant is very good, down the bottom of san miguel to the right is plaza san miguel, Casa Colon, just along to the right the Pueblo Blanco area, full of tapas bars, calendula Tapas award winning and worth visit/

Left at the main road before the station from your hotel gets you to Restaurante El Portico this has a lovely tapas bar at the side, further along in plaza picasso El Museo and if funds short in plaza andulusia Fuente bar, two course meal now 5.40 (was 4.99) this plaza has a branch of MGJamon, its a self service tapas bar but the prices are very low, beer is 69 cents, wine is from 1 euro a glass and 5 euros a bottle, tapas from 1 euro.

Arroyo de la Miel...
Level Contributor
17,988 posts
135 reviews
3. Re: Alcoholic Drinks

People knock McJamon, but we had a pint & half of beer and a plate of Jamon Iberico for 12€. Disappointed to see that the Jamon was plated up from frozen prepacks and flashed under the grill for 10 seconds. Serves me right for standing waiting for it at the bar rather than waiting to be called lol.

Just as tasty as anywhere else at twice the price though.

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
330 posts
40 reviews
4. Re: Alcoholic Drinks

Mantalk. We love McJamon. It’s very cheap, the bruschettas are very tasty and we’ve always found the staff very friendly. The prices and the views (only been to the beach one) are great

Dublin Ireland
Level Contributor
750 posts
12 reviews
5. Re: Alcoholic Drinks

Just took a look at the topic....

Thanks for the tips.

Had a look using streetview and not to far from CPP only a 20 min walk for us.

Arroyo de la Miel...
Level Contributor
17,988 posts
135 reviews
6. Re: Alcoholic Drinks

It was the beachside one we used too jdublin. And will use again and again too.

Harrow, United...
Level Contributor
2,246 posts
230 reviews
7. Re: Alcoholic Drinks

It’s been obliged to change its name from McJamon (probably got a solicitor’s letter from McD’s), to MGJamon, but I agree it has by far the best value Jamon in the area and the wine is incredibly cheap but drinkable. The only problem is the ambiance, or lack of it, but if you crave for some decent Jamon at a great price it can’t be beaten.

Edited: 18 August 2018, 20:56
Lincolnshire...
6 posts
1 review
8. Re: Alcoholic Drinks

Thank you all for your replies. Pleasantly surprised at the prices after last years holiday in Alcudia. Lover of red wine so I think I’ll be sorted 😉

Also love tapas so any other tapas restaurants will be greatly appreciated.

Ian
Leeds U.K.
Destination Expert
for Costa del Sol
Level Contributor
12,180 posts
45 reviews
9. Re: Alcoholic Drinks

davethewasp: MGJamon had to close for 6 months and change their name under pressure from the burger outfit. It came at a bad time as they had just opened in plaza andulusia. In addition they had just entered the Ruta de la Tapa for the first time in May 2013 at the carihuela branch and had to close on the first saturday of the ruta, in those days you as a unit could expect 5000 customer partaking the ruta, a huge loss for a new business.

Lincolnshire...
6 posts
1 review
10. Re: Alcoholic Drinks

Thanks Ian, I’ve just come back to this thread as we are looking for somewhere to eat tonight and it has been very helpful!

Reply to: Alcoholic Drinks
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Torremolinos